Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed]Avatar moves after Harvest

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by CrandalltheFoole, Sep 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

Once the harvest is done, the avatar moves on his own two or three times, then the scythe disappears. I then have to "walk" him back to use the harvest tool again.
    9/29/2017 1:50 PM
    Reproduction Rate: Six times in a row.

CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5660 @ 2.80GHz (12) System RAM: 49149
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4059
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.664.Date.09.29.17
    Area: POT_mountain_metropolis_01_template/Kahli
    Area Display Name: Kahli
    Loc: (337.5, 53.4, 348.0)
    Debug: UE9UX21vdW50YWluX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8S2FobGl8KDMzNy41NDMsIDUzLjQwNiwgMzQ4LjAxKXwoMCwgLTAuNzk0LCAwLCAwLjYwOCl8LTE0OC4zMjk5fDU2LjcwNzQ0fDcuNzI5OTk4

2. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

This is also happening on roof garden in Jaanaford
    10/2/2017 4:56 PM

CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5660 @ 2.80GHz (12) System RAM: 49149
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4059
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.666.Date.10.01.17
    Area: Novia_R6_City_Jaanaford
    Area Display Name: Jaanaford
    Loc: (-164.9, 50.4, -72.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfQ2l0eV9KYWFuYWZvcmR8fCgtMTY0Ljg1NywgNTAuMzY2LCAtNzIuMDQyKXwoMCwgMC40MTMsIDAsIDAuOTExKXwtNjMxLjkxMzN8NjQuMjA1NTF8NC45MTE1OTY=

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@CrandalltheFoole
    Per our discussion, we are looking to narrow down the possible cause.
    For others, the behavior can be described as an 'electric slide' to the side after a harvest attempt using the new skill. And it doesn't happen to all avatars.
    I'll keep an eye out on future reports. Whatever we can do to help narrow this down will definitely help the developer.
    Thank you!

CrandalltheFoole likes this.
  4. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

@Lexie - This happened to me inside a greenhouse on my Town sized lot. I'll try to give as much info as possible to help narrow it down.

- Approximate /loc is (getting loc info after the fact, not as it happened so I'm guessing on the spot): Area: Virtue Oasis (POT_desert_metropolis_01b_template/Virtue Oasis) Loc: (50.2, 38.6, 13.1) DBG: UE9UX2Rlc2VydF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxWaXJ0dWUgT2FzaXN8KDUwLjI0OCwgMzguNTU5LCAxMy4xMDIpfCgwLCAtMC4xMjMsIDAsIDAuOTkyKXwzMzQuMDY2NHwzOC4wNTg1N3w0LjcxMjgzMw==
    - Harvested mandrake plants
    - They were planted in a Large Planting Bed
    - I was standing on the planting bed itself, but placed my target circle so that only one plant was in it, on the edge of the bed (so most of the circle was off of the bed itself)
    - My cursor may have been on top of the wood frame of the planting bed when activating (not on the actual soil inside).
    - The slide happened for about the first 10-20 harvest attempts and then never happened again for me.
    - The slide did not always go in the direction where I placed the circle, as I moved around to get better angles for the circle, the slide seemed to always go towards one particular spot no matter where I was standing. (Maybe this is like the walking up animation for harvesting nodes like ore?... but why after the harvest?)
    - Wondering if maybe this has something to do with the "Batch Harvest Range" modifier of the Harvest Plants skill?

5. CrandalltheFoole

CrandalltheFoole Avatar

That could be the case @Daxxe Diggler
    @Lexie was in game with my avatar and saw what was happening. Even when I localized the harvest in places where there was no planter it still happened.
    We thought it might be the avatar so I brought in two other ones; one that I had seen this and posted the first bug.
    Neither of them did the "slide".
    If I hit any movement key just as the slide happens, it stops and the avatar drops the scythe, so there is a fix, even if not in the code.
    Lexie is the best, so she will figure this out.
    Thanks for adding on to the report - glad that I am not alone in this strange phenomenon.

Lexie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.