Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro Needed]BR Outskirts: Phineas has no response to "warrant"

Discussion in 'Release 44 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Echondas, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

7/21/2017 12:25 PM
    Title: BR Outskirts: Phineas has no response to "warrant"
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? yes
    Details: BR Outskirts: Phineas has no response to "warrant" - and won't accept the warrant. I had previously given it to him in the non-QA build, and the quest was stuck at that point.

Steps to Reproduce: Have the warrant in your bag, and say 'warrant' to Phineas - no trade window opens, and his dialog is bugged/generic:

[7/21/2017 12:25:10 PM] Phineas Drumplemouth: WHAT? What is it?! I'm so very busy doing... things!
    [7/21/2017 12:25:10 PM]
    [7/21/2017 12:25:13 PM] Echondas: warrant
    [7/21/2017 12:25:14 PM] Phineas Drumplemouth: Hmm.
    [7/21/2017 12:25:14 PM]
    [7/21/2017 12:25:15 PM] Echondas: warrant
    [7/21/2017 12:25:15 PM] Phineas Drumplemouth: I'm not sure what you mean.
    [7/21/2017 12:25:15 PM]
    [7/21/2017 12:25:18 PM] Echondas: warrant
    [7/21/2017 12:25:18 PM] Phineas Drumplemouth: If you say so.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (6) System RAM: 32679
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8081
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.523.Date.07.20.17
    Area: Novia_R7_Forest02_01
    Area Display Name: Blood River Outskirts
    Loc: (287.0, 70.8, -131.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDF8fCgyODYuOTgsIDcwLjc3NSwgLTEzMS40NzYpfCgwLCAtMC40NjQsIDAsIDAuODg2KXwyMTA5Ljc0NHwyOS41NzE2MnwxLjI1

2. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

I can't repro your problem. I had the trade window pop up when I said hello (which I cancelled out of) and then again when I typed in warrant.

Are you certain you didn't give the warrant to him earlier? The flags check if (1) you're on Captain Bearfield's quest to deliver the warrant - g_warrant_phineas_01 - and (2) if you have the warrant in your inventory - Books/BloodriverOutskirts_Warrant_Phineas_01. If you did turn it in, then you'd have the copy of the warrant - Books/BloodriverOutskirts_Warrant_Phineas_Copy_01. However, even at this stage, if you have the reward version and you type in "warrant," Phineas will reply, "YES! I GET IT! I'M POOR, NOW! Look, I'll get this cleaned up as soon as I can! So quit bothering me so I can finish up and get back to Aerie to reclaim my precious money!"

I honestly don't know why it's not working for you. Did you try this yesterday and then again today? Maybe yesterday messed up some flag settings and today's version can't check for it. I wish I could see what flag settings are on your character.

3. Echondas

4. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Yeah, once you do the quest, you can't repeat it, even if Bearfield gave you another one. You've done all the steps in that quest line, but got bugged post-completing it, it would seem (mostly because you got the original version of the warrant again). There's a check I put in yesterday or the day before to make sure she doesn't do that in the future.

I've seen that thread, too. You finished the quest line, so Phineas wouldn't have anything more for you to do. Your next options are to do the unlimited gathering and turn-in quest-lite from elf Vinicius (he wants his bottles of elven wine back), or help Gus find his automaton monkeys. And the quest that sends you on your way to Aerie from elf Ferrarius to learn how to upgrade weapons. Other than those, sounds like you're done with Blood River Outskirts, quest-wise.

5. Echondas

Gotcha.. Thanks @Puuk

6. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

My pleasure. And thank you for all the great bug finding! It's been a great help!

Echondas likes this.
  7. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@Puuk, since my quest got bugged when I handed Phineas the warrant, how does someone know that the quest line is finished? Does Phineas say something that gives the user the impression that the quest line is done? Does Bearfield say something? Should the player have to go back th Bearfield to finish it off? It seems that somehow the quest line should be ended in some way, I always thought there was more to do in the quest line.

8. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Phineas responds to getting the warrant, "What's this nonsense? Let me see this... Uh-huh... cease and desist - pfft! Blah, blah, break down encampments... HA! Idiots don't know who their dealing with... WHAT? Assets siezed or frozen? My money! My precious money...! But, they can't do this! Can they do this? They DID do this! I can't... I mean, this makes me... POOR! NOOOO!" Task to serve the warrant clears. No new task is given.

Talk to him afterwards, his "hello" is, "By the virtues, what is it NOW? Isn't it enough you shattered my dream by serving me that dreadful warrant? I have to say, I'm the most persecuted militia commander that ever was! Ever, I tell you! "

Ask about his health, "How do you thing I feel, genius? I'm sick, SICK I tell you! I'm borderline in tears!"

Speak to Bearfield after serving the warrant and she will respond (using keyword "warrant"), "Thank you for serving Phineas Drumplemouth that warrant. You did a great thing helping bring that lying, hateful idiot to justice." No new task is given.
    Ask her "help" and she says, "No thanks, we've got it covered from here."

And Alberic about the warrant, "Thanks to your incredible efforts, justice will be served against that horrid human, Phineas Drumplemouth." No new task is given.

Basically, if you have no more tasks in the area, that should tell you to move on. Or explore and see if you missed someone. Eventually, you will complete all there is to complete in the scene. It's a newbie scene and it has to end sometime.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.