Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Equipment Breaking while offline bug

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by MorpheusMemnoch, Jan 14, 2018.

?

Has anyone else noticed this happening to them

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MorpheusMemnoch

MorpheusMemnoch Avatar

I can fix my stuff and then log out and immediately log back on and my equipment and tools degrade by a lot. I'm not even doing anything yet all my stuff is breaking.

I want my stuff fixed back to it's normal durability and for it to stop happening or I swear I'll just stop playing because this is beyond a joke.

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

hey @MorpheusMemnoch if you want a bug to be taken seriously the devs need a lot more info e.g. /bug ingamechat and paste here helps

3. MorpheusMemnoch

MorpheusMemnoch Avatar

1/14/2018 8:44 PM
    Title:equipment breaking wlen logging in
    Reproduction Rate:everytime
    Blockerwhat the **** is a blocker
    Details:I lose a ton of dura for logging out and back in regardless of time passed
    Steps to Reproduce:easy, log out and then back in and everything equipped loses dura
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 16283
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4007
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.716.Date.12.19.17
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Verat Chaos
    Area Display Name: Verat Chaos
    Loc: (144.5, 36.0, 254.2)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxWZXJhdCBDaGFvc3woMTQ0LjUyMSwgMzYuMDExLCAyNTQuMTcyKXwoMCwgLTAuOTksIDAsIDAuMTM4KXwxOTAuNzMxNHwxNy4wOTQ4NHw4LjI5OTMwMQ==

Is this what you meant rentier?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@MorpheusMemnoch
    We are not able to repro. Can you break down how you came to the conclusion that you were losing item durability while offline? What items, how did you repair them (tool kit or crafting table) then what did you see when you logged back in?
    Are you switching decks any and perhaps have equipment tied to a different deck? Very strange...
    With specifics, we can try to mimic it, but right now we are stumped on getting it to happen at all.
    Also, is it the overall durability that you see changed? the number/number information will have your overall durabiilty as the second number.
    There is also a certain cabalist that will do a heck of a lot of dura damage, do you ever fight those in sieges?

I'm trying to figure out what happened, but I think I need more details I'm afraid. You don't let anyone else play on your account I take it?

5. MorpheusMemnoch

MorpheusMemnoch Avatar

1/15/2018 9:51 PM
    Title:equipment breaking while offline
    Reproduction Rate:everytime I log off
    Blocker?
    Details:Every time I log off, anything I have equipped loses durability
    Steps to Reproduce:No idea
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 16283
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4007
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.716.Date.12.19.17
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Verat Chaos
    Area Display Name: Verat Chaos
    Loc: (110.8, 38.0, 218.6)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxWZXJhdCBDaGFvc3woMTEwLjgyMywgMzcuOTk3LCAyMTguNTY3KXwoMCwgMC42OTQsIDAsIDAuNzIpfDg4Ljg3MTN8MTEuNjQyOTN8OS4xMjQ1ODg=

I would like to add that I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and have one file that fails to verify. the only files saved from before the wipe are the logs and currentplayerdata file. I am attempting to ascertain which file is corrupt but have so far had no luck.

I have since the wipe been able to log out and back in without losing durability anymore.

to answer your questions , I repaired them at a blacksmith table with kits, regardless of whether I repair them the durability after each log in decreases and the max durability with it.

I was not switching decks and the durability loss was to ALL equipped items except the prosperity tools.

Regarding the cabalist there was one that I was fighting but died and left the scene without resurrecting, could that possibly be it?

and NO, I do not let anyone else use my computer or account.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@MorpheusMemnoch
    Was that one cabalist Corpus? He will hurt your durability and break armor big time, unlike any other mob in the game (that I know of). It can be alarming to some.
    Zoning while dead will leave you with a very temporary but crippling death debuff, but that does not affect durability.
    Very odd. If this continues, definitely let us know. See if you can keep track of your durabillity numbers when logging out, and then check again upon log in. At least, as a temporary measure. There are two numbers with a / between them. The second number is your overall durability. It would be good to watch and know both numbers as well.
    Do you tend to play as a specific build? Melee, ranged, physical damage, magic, etc.

7. MorpheusMemnoch

MorpheusMemnoch Avatar

@Lexie I stated in the last post that uninstalling the game fixed the bug, the cabalist was not corpus, I think it started with an A or E. I apologise for not remembering the name but I was just running through and it killed me so quick that I didn't get a good look at the name. I can tell you that it looked like a melee type with a polearm or something similar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.