Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed]Everyone's Favorite - Health Bar Not filling!

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by sgl2586, Jan 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sgl2586

sgl2586 Avatar

1/25/2018 10:02 PM
    Title: Everyone's Favorite - Health Bar Not filling!
    Reproduction Rate: ??
    Blocker? No
    Details:
    One thing of interest was I wasn't seeing this regardless of play during build 719. But 721 popped right away.
    Steps to Reproduce:

Seems to be around taking mob damage and recasting SoE while its still applied (not after expiration). Previous method found to reproduce on QA was not successful.

This is getting reset if you dismiss SoE/SoC, cast a heal. Seems to reset to some degree/full.

(this does seem to be happening a bit less? hard to say)
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16336
    GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series GPU RAM: 8167
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.721.Date.01.25.18
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest02_SpectralMines
    Area Display Name: Spectral Mines
    Loc: (-75.4, -15.0, -158.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDJfU3BlY3RyYWxNaW5lc3x8KC03NS40MTcsIC0xNS4wMjEsIC0xNTguMTIxKXwoMCwgMC42MDEsIDAsIDAuNzk5KXwzNDEyLjU3M3wyNi4xMzU4Mnw5LjI0MDk3MQ==

FrostII likes this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@sgl2586
    Someone brought up a good theory that switching decks below full health may be related. Does this ring a bell?
    I've tried what you describe to help repro myself without success, unfortunately.

Yes, this also my favorite bug :(
    This and the devotional VFX randomly appearing.

FrostII likes this.
  3. sgl2586

sgl2586 Avatar

Sadly not - didn't swap (that i can recall). Though in a similar vein...could it be something with swapping any skill while regening? Sometimes I will swap a skill out (if I am leveling something specific but don't want to use it long term).

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Diab sent me a very interesting video where it happens with 1 HP of a difference at the end.
    But trying this (alt switch in combat) I cannot get it to happen. I even tried to zone out with chaotic feedback while soul tapping at the same time (no deck switching) and health bar always goes back to full.
    Here is the video in case someone catches something I didn't:

bigta1982 likes this.
  5. sgl2586

sgl2586 Avatar

Played around some more and didn't swap any skills from the bar, didn't deck swap, and currently down 21 hp, so there might have gone that theory.

Interestingly, I had a fight go south on me, and from a display perspective was 0/536, but still upright. So display bug for sure. However when I healed up, I was only down 13 hp. Didn't recast any buffs.

6. sgl2586

sgl2586 Avatar

Got it to occur with tap soul. Buffs were 3/4 decayed, tap soul 1x, stay in combat, regen up. Exit combat, recast buffs, cast some other skill glyphs. Once full, tap soul two or three times, regen up in combat, use other skills. Rinse and repeat. Eventually should not fill up all the way. Said skills may or may not be gaining xp...in this case they directly were (but i keep most skills in maintain mode).

Could there be something with the 'update' function when you are using other skill glyphs that updates focus that returns some fractional value that is getting type parsed wrong? A float converted to an Int perhaps?

1/26/2018 9:20 PM
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16336
    GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series GPU RAM: 8167
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.723.Date.01.26.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Insulam de Nocte
    Area Display Name: Insulam de Nocte
    Loc: (46.2, 38.0, 279.3)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxJbnN1bGFtIGRlIE5vY3RlfCg0Ni4yMjgsIDM3Ljk5OCwgMjc5LjI5NSl8KDAsIDAuMDc1LCAwLCAwLjk5Nyl8NDcxMC45OTZ8NDIuOTAxNzJ8MTQuNDQ4ODE=

7. sgl2586

sgl2586 Avatar

[​IMG]

So a debuff, rend icon, can't mouse hover, group mate could see it, but likewise cant hover. Possibly related?

The rend seemed to be related to Shield of Crystal, stopped using it, stopped getting it.

If SoC is not used, the dismissal of SoE, cast a heal, recast SoE works to reset the HP. Does NOT work if SoC has been used. Swapped gear, same result. Almost feels like both have seperate bugs, that compound each other.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  8. Mischievous Dragon

Mischievous Dragon Riparian Reaper

Reproduced externally for Build 723.
    1/27/2018 12:55 PM
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1
    Blocker? no
    Details:
    My health got stuck at 235/237.
    2 health points are missing.

Steps to Reproduce: yes

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 12244
    GPU: Radeon(TM) RX 460 Graphics GPU RAM: 4039
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.723.Date.01.26.18
    Area: Novia_R6_City_Resolute
    Area Display Name: Resolute
    Loc: (-17.8, 77.4, -266.6)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfQ2l0eV9SZXNvbHV0ZXx8KC0xNy44MTIsIDc3LjM4NSwgLTI2Ni42MjcpfCgwLCAtMC43MDYsIDAsIC0wLjcwOCl8LTExNDkuMDI1fDEuMDc0NjQ2fDEuMjU=

Screenshot #1:
    [​IMG]

9. Zeetocht

Zeetocht Avatar

I think I have to do 3 things to duplicate this bug: I have to swap decks/gear between 2 decks/gear that have different max health potentials, I have to have taken some damage and I have to have eaten some regen food. My bone armored mage's max unbuffed health is 683 and my plate armored swordsman's max unbuffed health is 830. If I just stand in the backyard of my house and swap decks/gear, no bug. If I go into combat and take some damage and swap decks/gear, no bug. But if then I eat some regen food, take some damage and then swap decks/gear, bug happens.

Come with me sometime Lexie and I'll show you this bug... don't worry, I'll protect you ::flex::

:p

10. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I got the same debuff. I had to exit to menu to clear. I was able to reproduce the health bug 100% after with out gear change. Removing Strength of Earth and recasting it cleared it. After 5 runs I was at like 632/670

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    FrostII and Rentier like this.
  11. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

@Lexie , as I reported in last release's big thread on this, I have a 100% reproducible case. On the face of it, it involves the strength bonus from Sun Worship . Nothing else. No deck switching, as I'm not that savvy. I'm a simple, no frills fighter.

It has happened three times this release-- first going against the Ebon Dawn in the Sunless barrens-- where I lost a fair amount of HP's. Second, last night, in the Sunless Barrens going against Lava Elementals, where I lost 1 HP. To this morning, where I went into the Mysterious Swamp and lost 1HP when fighting the red spiders as dawn arrived and I gained the bonus from Sun Worship. Past experience has shown I'll lose more as time goes by. However, for this report, 1HP is all it took.

This last case is 100% reproducible, as I stated last release. Again, I have bonuses from my armor, and several other strength enhancing spells. However, for this test, I did not cast the other spells. I only had my armor bonuses and the bonuses from Sun Worship, with an assist from Sun Eater, in effect.

Could this be inconsistent usage of TRUNC and ROUND? Just throwing ideas out there.

Last month's thread.

My post with the control test. I did not cast any spells this morning.

FrostII and Rentier like this.
  12. sgl2586

sgl2586 Avatar

Inner Strength can also cause it in a similar manner to Shield of Crystal. Large HP gap from usage, but is not responsive to dismissal, heal, recast...something funny it feels with those str buffs expiring?

discipleofweb likes this.
  13. Zeetocht

Zeetocht Avatar

I intended today to experiment with turning buffs on and off and eating food to see if I could nail down specific events or chains of events that would trigger this bug; what actually happened caught me by surprise, all I did was swap decks/armor- no buffs, no food, nothing.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkFvCvBbc6aBrhv1n606S2aCRQn1

14. sgl2586

sgl2586 Avatar

Something I just thought of - in your tests @Lexie , are you using a SoE that is granting a decimal'd value of strength? for example, at 80 its giving me 17.1, and inner strength is 14.4. Could it be some weirdness with that partial strength boost?

15. sgl2586

sgl2586 Avatar

16. sgl2586

sgl2586 Avatar

@Lexie I assume it is in the /bug, but would steam vs native client make a difference? Mine have been steam.

17. sgl2586

sgl2586 Avatar

Another data point - leveling up Healthy will NOT cause the current health to fill.

18. Zeetocht

Zeetocht Avatar

I think I found a work-around, at least for my set up it seems to work. The bug happens for me when I switch gear from a lower max health potential to a higher max health potential configuration after having been in combat and taken some damage in my lower max health potential configuration and making the switch with any health modifying buffs present. So if I start a fight in my bone-armored fire mage configuration who uses the Strength of Earth buff and then switch to my bronze plate armored swordsman without dismissing the Strength of Earth buff before switching the bug happens- it's as if once my maximum health potential is set by a health modifying buff that maximum is set no matter what I do.

One of my routines is farming the Obsidian Bears, Obsidian Wolves and the Undead in Deep Ravenswood; I do the Bears and Wolves in my bone armored mage configuration and the undead in my bronze plate armored swordsman build so about every 10-15 minutes or so I switch decks/gear. The following video is kinda long but I want to show what a daily task looks like just the way it happens.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkFvCvBbc6aBtj9dbsk_lWL0ixcF

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    Rentier likes this.
  19. Jesterhead

Jesterhead Avatar

i am able to reproduce, though not intentionally (swapping between a bow loadout and shield/spear loadout. all items have masterwork/enchantments). shield and spear each have str bonuses. the bow has no str or hp bonuses. I think some of the prior comments might be on to something when they mention the strength bonuses playing a factor.

20. sgl2586

sgl2586 Avatar

At times it seems like if a strength bonus ends while in combat (strength of earth while in combat mode, not actually fighting something).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.