Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Graff Gem Mine: Clipping issues with nodes

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Atticus Gryphonheart, Dec 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atticus Gryphonheart

Atticus Gryphonheart Legend of the Hearth

1. Title: Graff Gem Mine: Clipping issues with nodes
    2. Reproduction Rate: unknown. In process, will update if can reproduce later. Edit Yes..but hard to reproduce. Require continual zoning and and waiting for new zone to refresh
    3. Blocker: no, but annoyance. Also when left zone I crashed
    4. Details: Was mining for gold down in Graff Gem when after third round didnt see any nodes. Then I saw the sparkle indicating a node was there, but could not see it. I proceeded to the spot and mined it. Then went to every known spot for golds and gems that I had previously mined and found some had active nodes. I then spotted a gem that if I looked at it from a certain direction, I could see it. I decided to zone out to the vault, but immediately crashed. I have attached the crash report but cant seem to be able upload the images.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jkndnfaxwfp4soz/error.log?dl=0

5. Steps to reproduce: Not sure. Havent relogged yet to try

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Atticus Gryphonheart
    Is this were to happen again, could you use /bug at the location of one of the problem nodes please? Then paste those results in a bug report.
    Thank you!

3. Atticus Gryphonheart

I havent been able to get it to repeat.

Initally all active nodes were visbile

It happened only to modes I harvested at least one time.

Both gems and ore nodes.

Nodes that were empty "the first round" could still spawn and be visible, but then disappeared at that spot after harvesting one time.

I didnt really notice the issue till after being down there for more than an hour.

Here are some pics:

Showing clipping
    [​IMG]

Disappearing
    [​IMG]

Missing Gold ore pretty much near the same area with the crystal node
    [​IMG]

Another section where cannot see multiple nodes that are actually present.
    There is actually that diamond node, a gold ore and an emerald node in that corner if I was to hover over with my mouse.
    [​IMG]

Large node kinda visble that did spawn
    [​IMG]

4. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Happend to me also in Graff... Nodes dissapear copper or gold...but if you hover pickaxe over them you can mine them... its usually followed by a crash if i click exit to menu. Not sure what triggers it though.

5. Atticus Gryphonheart

Finally able to reproduce.

I think is a different "instant" zone. Basically I went to Rhun Vault, then to the Ruins. Reentered Rhuns Vault and then shut down. I came back about an hour later and reenter Graff Gem mine.

I notices the PC corpses were in different spots. I proceed to mine a crystal and then notice the bases was gone. (usually after you mine you still see part of a base) I then went to a corner gem were I usually see a gem as seen in the 4th pic in my previous post of pic above. The gem isnt there but I can hover over it and there is something there.

I took a loc as requested and pasting it below

Area: Graff Gem Mines (Graff Gem Mines) Loc: (-63.1, -25.0, 216.5) DBG: R3JhZmYgR2VtIE1pbmVzfHwoLTYzLjE0NywgLTI1LjAzNCwgMjE2LjUzKXwoMCwgMC44OTksIDAsIDAuNDM4KXw4NDguMTAxM3wxNC4yNzI4N3wxLjYxMjU1

Also, I am going to try and stay logged on in this zone. I know if I try to leave, I will also get a crash. This will be the fifth time this has happened. Just not quite sure how it happens.

Gold ore clips at certain angle and is visible at
    Area: Graff Gem Mines (Graff Gem Mines) Loc: (-31.6, -25.1, 204.5) DBG: R3JhZmYgR2VtIE1pbmVzfHwoLTMxLjU3NywgLTI1LjA4NCwgMjA0LjUyNCl8KDAsIDAuOTQ3LCAwLCAtMC4zMil8MjE3LjQyOTN8MjEuMzMyODN8MS42MTI1NQ==

Hopefully I wont have be booted off and someone can gate to me to investigate.

Edit: I got booted. Was AFK for an hour and 1/2 came back and saw I crashed to desktop. Went back in everything normal. Went to spot above and pasted the loc.

Area: Graff Gem Mines (Graff Gem Mines) Loc: (-63.3, -25.0, 214.2) DBG: R3JhZmYgR2VtIE1pbmVzfHwoLTYzLjM0NSwgLTI0Ljk2OCwgMjE0LjI0NCl8KDAsIC0wLjc0NSwgMCwgLTAuNjY3KXwtNjIzLjYyMDZ8MTguOTcwNTd8MS42MTI1NQ==

With the government shutdown, I can try and reproduce monday. Believe I just have to keep zoning till it happens.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.