Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Immolation grapical error (just like dev bug)

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Hemswal The Descended, Feb 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

[​IMG]

2/22/2018 2:35 PM
    Reproduction Rate: unreliable 10-20% of the time.
    Blocker? No
    Details: See image
    Steps to Reproduce: Cast Immolation
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 16348
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU RAM: 6061
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.731.Date.02.21.18
    Area: Dungeon1_Entrance
    Area Display Name: Ravensmoor
    Loc: (-202.1, 12.5, 68.8)
    Debug: RHVuZ2VvbjFfRW50cmFuY2V8fCgtMjAyLjEwMywgMTIuNDUsIDY4Ljc1Nil8KDAsIDAuOTk3LCAwLCAtMC4wNzIpfC01MzEuODAyM3wyMi41MzQzOXwxOA==

2. Hemswal The Descended

At the moment, it's 100% reproduction rate but I haven't restarted my game.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Applerust
    I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you are reporting? Is it no SFX when night vision is used? I'm seeing it at this time on my avatar. Maybe we got this fixed.

When in doubt, I'd go ahead and restart when these situations happen. Only because we get 'one time' reports, we spend a good amount of time trying to repro - only to find it cannot be repro'd again. I'd say that is a good general rule of thumb.
    Thanks so much. :)

4. Hemswal The Descended

@Lexie Immolation sfx do not appear around my character on a fairly regular basis. Doesn't seem to have anything to do with night vision.

I've probably reproduced this 20+ times in the past week on my end. It actually happened several times today in Lost Vale. I don't think the scene I'm in has anything to do with it either, as it happens everywhere, once in a while. On Patch 736 atm.

5. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Applerust
    Let me know if you find some kind of common thread that makes this trigger. That's going to be the key to fixing this, I believe. Sometimes the littlest of details makes a world of a difference. You hit a 10%-20% repro rate then jumped to 100% at one point. Is it perhaps related to a technical issue if restarting it fixes it for you, perhaps? It happens when you have been playing for awhile?

6. Hemswal The Descended

I've been trying to figure it out but there doesn't seem to be any obvious trigger so far. I'll keep you updated with any new info I get.

7. palmer1969

palmer1969 Avatar

@Lexie I also have been seeing this issue. I have 80 in Fire Spec and the fire attunement is bugged as it is half the time as the immolation buff. If I just cast immolation without charging I have not seen the vfx disappear. It only happens to me when I'm charging the skill. Then the vfx only disappears after the attunement buff period has run out, and not just as the timer expires. It is random when it happens but Ive ran up to a wolf a cast blind then gone, another time while skinning a bear, and also during combat etc so its random and hard to nail down. If I recast it sometimes the vfx shows up other times it will not but if I run out of the zone and back in then when recast it will show up.

So to me from what Ive seen its only when charging the skill and has something to do with the timer for the dmg buff and attune buff not being the same length of time

8. Hemswal The Descended

Ok, after extensive testing. There may be a correlation between the immo gfx and alt-tabbing. Could be unrelated but I seem to see it more when I tab out than if I don't.

9. Hemswal The Descended

I have continued to test this and I need to retract what I said about tabbing out. That was a false conclusion. I have seen this continue without tabbing out at all. However, it does seem to happen more when I cast immolation while immolation is already on me. @Lexie I hope this is helpful. I'm basically giving up on testing it at this point. If anything new comes up, I'll update this.

10. Asti

Asti Avatar

I have seen this as well. I notice it most often when I recast immolation once the first timer wears off, but before the full timer wears off. So, I recast when I stop getting the +attunement but not before the fire damage shield wears off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.