Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] incorrect selection, right-click-and-select

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Ainanymous, May 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ainanymous

Ainanymous Avatar

5/3/2018 7:39 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: 10%-ish
    Blocker? No
    Details: When right-click-selecting any-random-item, this bug will sometimes click-through to a different item for rename/destroy (or lock/use/destroy for non-containers) For the longest time, I thought this bug was just my imagination. Then, while in Diamond Falls, I right-click-selected a bank bag to be renamed...but it renamed a bag in Soltown instead. A player isn't allowed to rename bags located in other banks so this had to be a bug. I have seen this happen to items in inventory when I want to equip my newly-repaired maple bow but end up wielding a rusty dagger instead.
    Steps to Reproduce: Right click any bag/container in your bank/inventory and select the option to rename it. Before you actually select the "rename item" option, you will notice that the text for "rename item" is superimposed on top of the item that is just below the item you are attempting to rename. Using your cursor to select this "rename item" option, your cursor will sometimes lag out and select the item directly below the text. You won't notice anything amiss until you check to make sure it selected the correct item. In my example above with bank bags, the Soltown bank bag was directly below my Diamond Falls bag...hence why it got the rename instead of the correct one.
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX-8370 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 16280
    GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series GPU RAM: 8168
    SotA.Win.64.773.Date.05.01.18
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany_Alley
    Area Display Name: Brittany Alleys
    Loc: (222.1, 44.5, 199.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfQ2l0eV9Ccml0dGFueV9BbGxleXx8KDIyMi4wOTQsIDQ0LjUwNSwgMTk5LjcxMSl8KDAsIDAuNjU3LCAwLCAwLjc1NCl8LTYzNy44MjA5fDE1LjI0OTMxfDEuMjU=

2. Ainanymous

Ainanymous Avatar

Title in above post is blank in the template, should match title of thread: incorrect selection, right-click-and-select
    Don't know if this is important or not...but this thread will not permit edits for me.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Ainanymous
    While your steps are quite detailed and helpful, I could not repro this. Everything is naming correctly - I have a bag in another town in the bank on top of the bag I was able to re-name.
    Is perhaps something else going on with your resolution where the cursor is slightly off?

4. Ainanymous

Ainanymous Avatar

Does this help?
    The bug occurs at about the 43-second point of the video.
    The previous bag renames went thru fine, until that last one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.