Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Odd issue with Solace Outskirts...

Discussion in 'World Building, Scenes, Environment, & Overworld' started by Stragenor, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stragenor

Stragenor Avatar

5/4/2018 6:08 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16311
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB GPU RAM: 2988
    SotA.Win.64.773.Date.05.01.18
    Area: Novia_R1_Forest04_01
    Area Display Name: Solace Bridge Outskirts
    Loc: (169.4, 0.0, -267.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjFfRm9yZXN0MDRfMDF8fCgxNjkuNDQ5LCAwLjAxOCwgLTI2Ny40NzcpfCgwLCAwLjMzOCwgMCwgLTAuOTQxKXwtMzkuNjU4MjV8Ni4yNTU0Njl8NC4wNzgwNDU=

Sooo here is all the info I got...

I just started questing in solace outskirts. I picked up about all the quest I could at the camp and went out. Picked up a few to complete along the way with finding Quinten and helping the farmer. I stopped at the cemetery cause it was getting late. I talked to Ackerley in his hut and accepted the Zombie quest before logging out.

Now I log in today after the update and around 30min before event (5:30pm est I think) and all the mobs are not moving. They wont loose health. They don't turn around or anything when I attack them. They still bobble/ have the standing still animation. They make sounds sometimes when I hit them. They trip when I Trip them. But I can still Harvest, talk to NPC's and buy and sell form NPC's.

I logged out and in. Left the Scene and came back. Even went to another scene and the mobs were normal and I could interact with them.

I don't know if its my fault but Solace Outskirts is broken for me.

UPDATE: Met another person name MOE at the scene. It is happening to him as well. Seems like it might have been the Event Patch some how. just my hunch.

2nd UPDATE: Also it seems that NPC that are related to on going quest, or just random ones, seem to close the chat with them after like 5-10 sec when you try to talk with them.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

This issue should now be resolved. If it continues and you see it again please let us know. I suspect it was a bad instance at the time and everyone needed to clear out of it.
    @Stragenor

3. Stragenor

Stragenor Avatar

Thanks! You guys fixed it. So I was able to finish there and move my quest on to Sol town. But....

Now Soltown is infected with the same issue! Also I noticed that when I try to make it though a conversation with an NPC and get quest, ask them for help, they talk to me afterwords like I accepted a quest but its didn't mention me accepting one in chat log or write it down in my journal! So this begs the question am I for ever screwed out of these quest or will they reset with the instance?

UPDATE: When I switch to private, this wasn't happening anymore. happening on multiplayer. But I still apparently accepted 3 quest but my journal didn't record them so idk guess I lost 3 quest :(

Last edited: May 8, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.