Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro needed] Serious Download Issue

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by SpotD, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpotD

SpotD Avatar

What happened? I am looking at a download launcher 743 > 749 cycling from 0 to 20 Kb/s and back (here in UK).

Either you have 1000s of new users trying to download at once....

........or Putin has poked his finger in the Internet and is wiggling it around....

2. SpotD

SpotD Avatar

May have been issues my end with my service provision. Restarted all my network gear and now got my full broadband speed.

But still only getting a max of 250 KB/s on the download. Usually at around 1MB/s recently.

3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

This is actually the first report I've seen about download issues. I take it everything is good now?
    @SpotD

4. SpotD

SpotD Avatar

There was a serious glitch. This seemed to be related to my local service provider. After restarting all network gear it cleared. My broadband speed was reporting as barely 1MB/s. Should be between 40 and 50MB/s. Seems all good now. Unknown cause.

5. SpotD

SpotD Avatar

Oops! Spoke too soon.....

Downloaded patch 753 just now but errored while applying patch. 'Retry' caused it to go to full download 0 > 754.

Now achieving around 500KB/s which is still slower than it has been lately. Maybe load related your end.

6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

If you play through steam, I would do a verify file integrity check. Otherwise I recommend a full re-install, which is what it seems to be trying to do. This may be a behavior related to the prior problems you experienced as downloading with connection issues can cause file corruption. @SpotD I hope all is well now :)

7. SpotD

SpotD Avatar

Everything fine now. Yep did a full reload. I have seen this type of error before, with same result. More of an issue with time delay getting back online. But no biggy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.