Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Repro steps needed]Frame cap sometimes halves (60 -> 30 fps)

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by coffeeislife, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coffeeislife

coffeeislife Avatar

1. Title: Frame cap will go from 60 to 30 fps, most of the time noticed after game loses focus (running in fullscreen borderless)
    2. Reproduction Rate: Frequently occurs, difficult to reproduce
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: Frame cap will go from 60 to 30 fps, most of the time noticed after game loses focus (running in fullscreen borderless). This has happened while just playing normally though. I need to restart the client completely to fix it.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Seems to happen more often if the game doesn't have focus, and you return to it, so run it in fullscreen borderless, and switch context to a browser or something for a while
    6. User Specs: win 10 64, gtx 1080, intel i7 6700, 16GB ram

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@coffeeislife
    When this happens please check your CPU and memory usage under Task Manager. If one of these is going through the roof there may be some more info we can gather here.
    Now to narrow things down further. Most people I have spoken with, plus our internal logging, indicates frame rates have improved as a whole.
    You may be on to something about fullscreen borderless. If anyone else out there seeing this? I will run in fullscreen borderless for now to see if I can repro it.

If this thread gains some traction I'll sticky it to help with problem solving. Please use /bug so we can see more spec info, and PLEASE update your video drivers prior to posting and state you have done so.
    Thank you.

3. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

One of the things that may have bought fps down is that theres now a reflection status, mine had dropped until I put reflections to low. It may also tie in with the fact that even in full screen mode sota no longer minimzes and acts more like a full screen borderless

4. coffeeislife

coffeeislife Avatar

Yeah it's a weird issue, nothing to do with in-game settings. Just seems to change the vsync cap to 30 fps instead of the usual set by my resolution selection. I'll try get more info if it happens again. Not really a serious issue, just annoying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.