Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

REQ: A button to take all in graphical bag mode

Discussion in 'Release 5 Feedback' started by cosmicvoyager, Apr 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cosmicvoyager

cosmicvoyager Avatar

Greetings,

Please put a button to take all items in graphical bag mode.

Thanks

2. Belrindor

Belrindor Avatar

I second this. A little button like |> that is in the top right of the crafting window to take all would very much speed up looting and gathering and make it much more enjoyable all around. :)

3. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Yep! And also I will wish that the loot window could close after the "take all".

Khloec likes this.
  4. Morkul

Morkul Avatar

While crafting I would also second this.

While looting on the other hand I would rather that they removed the "take all" button from the list interface.

5. monxter

monxter Avatar

Double-clicking to loot an item could also work.

Lained and Eriador like this.
  6. redfish

redfish Avatar

@monxter,

Double-clicking will probably use an item or consume it.

Take all is an appealing idea for ease but I don't know if its really good idea. First of all, a lot of the time a player might not be able to fit all the stuff in his bag, or it might be too weighty. This would be a common fail condition. Second, think about how this might affect thievery or looting other players, if they ever put that in. It would make it too simple.... I also would argue dry looting NPC monsters should make you vulnerable to attack if there are still other monsters in the area. And players should have to choose between looting and fighting; which a 'take all' button would shortcircuit.

Hazard likes this.
  7. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Well, if you get all the items one by one that could be also weighty in tha same way. But you can just do it one by one if you dont want to take all because of that. About "thievery or looting other players" we still have no idea about how is going to work, so... The other problem can be solved: You cannot loot until you are not in combat. But then maybe dead bodies could dissapear...

8. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Eriador,

Yea, but you'd have to be conscientious about what to take and not to. I'd pretty much would argue that the game should steer away from mindless looting, and often have meaningless stuff on bodies that you might not want to loot. This is how it was in the single player Ultima games, and to some extent in UO. An orc might have shoes, but you may or may not want them. When games go the mindless looting route, everything becomes about farming monsters repeatedly for gold, and it becomes grindy. Combat shouldn't == farming.

The looting time issue I think is more complicated, because it would involve trying to loot everything very quick before a monster notices you and turns around.

9. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Well, I dont know how is going to be the items and the loot system well, so I will agree or not, but maybe you are right. But since you can choose to use the button/mindless or not I cannot see there the problem. Anyway most of the people that I know that were playing UO had that macro that can "take all" and even to choose only good items. For me the best game will be that game that give me the possibility to choose but I could choose not to "loot all" because I want, not because is just forbidden.

10. Floors

Floors Avatar

or allow us to toggle between bag and list mode on a per window basis.

asking this for two releases in a row now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.