Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Req: Allow 'classic' emotes

Discussion in 'Release 7 Feedback' started by Slowcorrado, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slowcorrado

Slowcorrado Avatar

Standing in front of the crafting pavilion last weekend I was absent mindedly chatting with others as they passed by and caught myself using old-school emotes in my conversations. Example:

player: "Free coal!"
    me: "I'll take some"
    me: *Wonders if this is what Santa does on his off time*

Of course, the 1st few times I did this I used the text command ": Wonders if this is what Santa does on his off time" and it showed up with the colon. Strangely enough, I few local folks laughed and remarked, "There's an old school UO player!"

This leads me to my request: Please consider adding this basic functionality. Historically when you preceded your text with a colon ":" and then a space, it made your text appear within asterisks "*" and with a slightly different color. While I like the current emote system and don't want it replaced or removed; it would be nice and would go a long way towards allowing more communication flexibility having the old system as well.

If I am just dumb and missed other threads like this one I apologize. If this is already a feature and I missed it, I apologize. :)

*crosses his fingers*

2. NirAntae

NirAntae Avatar

Yes yes yes please please please!

Either the ":" or "/me". Being restricted to the programmed emotes is just not workin' for me. :-/

Maka likes this.
  3. Maka

Maka Avatar

@Slowcorrado, Excellent idea! Welcome to the forums as well. I really hope they get custom emotes in, they make things so much more interesting and organic. The crazy players that we are. :)

4. Maka

Maka Avatar

Besides everyone should do whatever @Nirantae wants! :) o/

NirAntae likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.