Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Request ability to see Exp value on targets death again

Discussion in 'Release 21 Feedback' started by Taze, Sep 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taze

Taze Avatar

It served two purposes

First, it helped mark the actual death of an undead mob, when it rewarded experience. easier then looking for green mouse icon.

Second, with the new used based system, there is still a requirement to get your adventure level up. Even if you don't want to tell us how much experience we need, we need to know what something is worth.

So we aren't in an area wasting our time, as well as taking mobs other lower adventure level players would benefit from.

I don't want to play for two hours in one area only to find out i was only getting 1% of the experience i could have gotten by playing in another area.

2. AviarAmidar

AviarAmidar Avatar

I think instead of seeing the XP like we used to, I would rather see mobs con different colors based on your character level to the mob level. So a mob of equal level would con white, where as one of much higher level would con red. A mob much lower than your level and a complete waste of time could con gray.

There are more colors that could be added to this but fighting mobs at white or above would be the most beneficial in regards to obtaining XP and skill building. While mobs gray or in between gray and white would be good for farming of materials possibly.

I understand about knowing when a mob is truly down as fighting anything undead can be a pain when you think you are in the clear and all of sudden things start standing back up, but I'd be very surprised if they show us anything XP related going forward.

3. Taze

Taze Avatar

I would gladly accept a "indicator" like that yes, good idea

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

You LEARN the values of things as you play, there is no need to give to much info , simple logic says as you go up a Type Tree - Bear - Brown Bear - Grizzly - Lrg Brown - Lg Grizzly - - - - - that they are worth more exp.

What we could use is how much exp it takes to raise skills - A tier one glyph costs 1000 points Etc. This allows for planned skill gains not just turn them all up and them complain about the fact that you have 20 in light . . . . . . .

5. agra

agra Avatar

Of all the bad ways to try and hide numbers that will be figured out anyway.. this is one of the least terrible ways. :)

6. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

First of all, I've learned to put the cursor over a recently killed undead to see if it's become lootable. That generally works as well as seeing an XP number show up.

As for identifying how mean a monster is, I suggest some sort of emoticon. (This could of course be disabled for those who want "immersion".)

Put a smiley face next to a monster that's a little lower level than you, a neutral face next to a monster that's about your level, and a sad face next to a monster that's tougher than you. They could even put a skull-and-crossbones next to a monster that's way stronger than you, and a bunny next to a monster that's way weaker than you!

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Or, as was suggested, just change the highlight color rather than implement some new visual system. ;)

agra likes this.
  8. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

Unless of course you're colour blind Agra ;)

I'm all for some way to identify the difficulty or reward level of the opponent and I'm not opposed to having the XP show up in the log again either. The folks that have a problem with seeing what XP a mob is, should be able to just untick a show creature XP box. I don't understand why there is a need to have everything enforced when we all have such differing ideas of how we like to play.

Options my friends options!

Taze likes this.
  9. Taze

Taze Avatar

Color blind option, it can show the level diff,
    -1-2-3-4 under
    +1+2+3+4 above
    The typical "Skull" or heck Darkstarr symbol if its past 5 levels over
    The * or some symbol or something for lower then 5 levels. etc etc

None of this is reinventing the wheel either

AviarAmidar and agra like this.
  10. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

There was talk of putting death's heads on the scene scrolls on the overland. I'd like to see something similar on the monsters themselves. If you /consider (/con) an enemy,Ti should give you a relative identifier of its strength. So not color based (as noted, the difference i color alone is insufficient), but a number of skulls beneath its name to indicate it's relative power in the zone.

Taze likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.