Request for Arms

Discussion in 'The College of Arms' started by Vendetta Beretta, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Vendetta,
    Whichever design you like just remember the representation we show here is probably going to be a bit rough. The generators set things exactly and use SVGV images so they will look better. We try to create as close as we can (without all the programming to back us) when creating a design that is not fully capable from the generator at this time.

As for fast tracking, right now a few of the members of the college are away for rl issues, medical, moving, etc. As soon as at least one returns we will send your choice through.

Vendetta Beretta likes this.
  2. Bajan Grace

Bajan Grace Avatar

I couldn't find the SVG images for the kryss blades so I improvised another sword, in the end it will be whichever you like, I should have pointed that out, sorry.
    As for this being the final design, we can send it in and hear what others have to say, however, I'm not entirely sure, but I believe this particular blazon does not have enough points of differentiation from an already registered device. Which is why I drew up a few options that are more likely to be accepted.

3. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

I wouldn't mind the blades to create a V for Vendetta instead of having them crossed. Then we can try the mask under the V as well to maybe see if the V is more pronounced that way. Or we can ultimately remove the mask and use the V. I would like one other image if we took out the mask though, or maybe a grey and black pattern so it doesn't look too empty or something.

4. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

I am just following up on this. Is this still in progress?

5. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

This is WAAAAY better than the skull and swords. It goes more with your character style that is rogueish. The black and white mask sorta describes a rogues duality in the sense that he can seem like a regular person but when your not looking SHANK GIVE ME YER GOLD!!!

6. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I would go with black and white the red swords look meh

7. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

I do like the black and white and the dual mask. Is it a go? Is it official yet? I really liked the image as it was in this photo...

[​IMG]

8. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Vendetta, it looks fine to me but to make it official, we'll need to pass the vote. Right now there's a bit of a holdup on voting because of the time our sovereigns were away. We're working on a backlog right now, but we're making good progress. :)

9. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

[​IMG]

Vendetta,
    Is the above acceptable?

10. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

Yeah this works fine. I really like it in that shield up there but I know that isn't the normal way it works.

11. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

The shield shape isn't a problem. That's not actually part of your registered coat of arms. What we register for you is the color and shape of the field as well as placement of charges, as described by a verbal blazon. Your blazon will read something like, "Sable, a mask party per pale argent and sable and sable and argent and fimbriated argent on two krises crossed in saltire." A heraldic artist in the olden times would use this verbal description to create a rendition of your coat of arms on whatever kind of device you want, like a banner, a flag, or a shield. Similarly, you can apply this arrangement of colors and shapes to whatever device you want, as many times as you want.

For the College's purposes, we keep everything on the simple shields just for a more consistent look. :)

12. Trenyc

Trenyc Avatar

Was swapping the colors on the mask intentional? :)

13. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

good point I didn't notice that. It doesn't bother me either way. I like it either way.

Trenyc likes this.
  14. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

When I grabbed the image from our google drive, it was rendered that way. I knew it was reversed of the original, but figured I'd see if that was ko, one less step later down the road ;)

Trenyc likes this.
  15. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

Is there any update regarding my arms? Are they approved. I noticed that I am not listed on this page here...

http://soacoa.org/wiki/Category:Persons

Sorry if this has been answered before. The last I heard about this was September.

16. Venusada

Venusada Avatar

17. Vendetta Beretta

Vendetta Beretta Avatar

Thanks I didn't know about that webpage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.