Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Request for Feedback: Heraldry Tool Preview

Discussion in 'Release 51 Feedback Forum' started by Rok Yrikk, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

o_O

is this an accurate representation of your actual IRL family crest?

2. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Thank you, that's what I suspected, and that will be the pickle for many (most?) previously generated assets.

I guess I will need to try and go out and find appropriate art that can recreate the blazon.

Will we be able to preview our uploads before locking the submission?

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

When will we be able to upload our artwork? Also, is it best to upload it as 256 x 256?

4. Rok Yrikk

Rok Yrikk Developer Emeritus

You will be able to upload when the feature is live :)

The image will be resized automatically to 256x256, so it is up to you. I think our resize method is pretty good, but you might want to do it yourself.

Raven Swiftbow and Barugon like this.
  5. Ronan

Ronan Avatar

Drake Aedus, the best I could do with my limited time...
    [​IMG]

Drake Aedus likes this.
  6. Sir Aular Glorthalion

Sir Aular Glorthalion Avatar

A few random things:

- The tool seems easy enough to use. I'm not very knowledgeable on all the heraldry terms, so having the suggested "Upper right, upper left, center" etc options would make more sense to me.
    - I would like to be able to scale the charges. Maybe not finitely, but perhaps a 25/50/75/100% options?
    - The "gyron null" graphic isn't centering well. Is it supposed to?
    - In Divisions, for the "per" option, the drop-down doesn't change the middle section for every drop down selection. Choose division, click per, then go through the drop-down options and only Rayonné initially works, Bar will work if you select bar then click on the "Per" selection in the left-side picker for Divisions.

- I would like to be able to add multiple ordinaires and layer them in a specific order. Example:

[​IMG]

I would like to be able layer them to have the dark grey (gris?) cover the right side bottom yellow section. So it would be:

[​IMG]

So in the interface I'd add:
    1. Division: Party per saltire
    2. Ordinaire: gyron
    3. Ordinaire2: gryon, then flip it vertically and horizontally

Random newb question - royal founders/founders at virtual collector and higher (who bought before the winter 2016 expiration) will be able to make these for in-game application? I found information from this post but can't locate anything in my pledge rewards or the original pledge pages to confirm.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  7. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Once they link the generator there should be a new listing in our account page.

8. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

I also support this request! The generator on sotacoa had a feature just like this.
    At least they added a reference icon to each option in order to show what it actually means.

9. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Well, since divisions are all going to be within a square, and I don't like the idea of having a floating triangle on a black coat (assuming I'll be able to dye it), I remade my CoA by importing the existing image in Illustrator, turning each piece into an object, repositioning them, recoloring them, and then creating an SVG and PNG file with transparency. I also redid my son's the same way, so he can dye his dark grey.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The charges are not as crisp as I would like them, but I may go back in and tweak them if I can get larger original images.

Ronan, Alley Oop, Drake Aedus and 3 others like this.
  10. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Those are really nice. I was not planning on using my COA style that was created so many years ago. I almost feel like a different person now. But I was not having good luck making anything I like so far when trying out the new system.

11. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Tried to access the generator and its saying "You do not have permission to submit heraldry. " even though I'm a royal founder lord marshal. Is the generator down?

12. Rok Yrikk

Rok Yrikk Developer Emeritus

Thanks for noticing this. We just pushed a newer version of our Heraldry Generator. Currently, the Heraldry Generator will not give access to any user. This is not reflective of your status. The system will be available after R52 patch.

Sentinel2 and By Tor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.