Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Request for more Royal Elderberry Fruit recipes

Discussion in 'Release 39 Feedback Forum' started by LoneStranger, Mar 3, 2017.

?

Would you like more Royal Elderberry recipes?

Poll closed Mar 31, 2017.
  1. Yes, more recipes would be great.

47.6%
  2. Yes, pie sounds yummy.

9.5%
  3. Yes, only one recipe is boring.

4.8%
  4. Yes, because of course.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. No, I'm a cake person.

38.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I realized tonight that there is only one recipe for the Royal Elderberry, and that is to make it into a dye. I think we need more recipes for this unique agricultural product.

For example, wouldn't it be great for, say, a Royal Elderberry Pie? Perhaps it can give you some kind of upper tier food boost and to make it a little fun: Have it turn you Royal Purple for four hours.

Make it a quest reward, non-teachable, for some NPC baker somewhere.

2. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Is this something everyone can enjoy or just the first backers of the game?

Hornpipe and Leelu like this.
  3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Only early backers.
    Non the less i agree with the OP.

Hornpipe and Leelu like this.
  4. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Which means a high tier item that effects gameplay is only available to early backers and those that put XXX money into the game. I think that might go down as a good example of money talks and creates unfair in game advantage, something they have tried to steer away from. Its present use is purely cosmetic and i think that's the way it should stay.

5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

As long as it isn't better than anything else that is ingame and craftable i can't see a real problem here beside the fact that it's a nice gimmick.
    And if you'd ask me, i would say it dosen't have to have ingame effects at all. More purely cosmetic effects would be nice as well.

6. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Im gonna go ahead and disagree with you here. The royal elderberry is only available to early backers, correct. But it was available for the pledge of $50 - only five dollars more than it would cost to get access to the game at this point anyway. I don't think this really falls into the category of 'money talks'. And there are plenty of pledge rewards that affect gameplay. :)

That being said, the kickstarter description of this has been filled, so if the devs are going to put extra man hours into adding functionality to an ingame asset it would probably be more fair to add functionality to something that everyone can enjoy.

If we are going down this route, I would also suggest that elderberries could be used to create food items that would promote healing. After all, it actually does IRL.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    LoneStranger, Selene and Hornpipe like this.
  7. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Sounds great.....,a sought after and needed addition to the healing line indeed, shame it would only be able to be made by the very original backers....so.......

I would say to add similar to all new pledges bought in bundles and standalone maybe called edderberries which give the same effect if any additions are applied to it.

8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

I think it makes no sense to make additional special recipes that only RF (or traded for one) could use on top of those promised. (Where is my beer dangnabbit)

However I agree that it is a pity to have such a resource with only one use.

So how about if it works as a substitute for some other resource but just like with different woods or metals that it adds something to the result.

So for instance let's say that it could substitute for Grapes. Then if used in a food recipe for grapes, it adds that little extra to the results. Maybe something simple like 10 health and 10 focus and purple skin for the food/beverage duration.
    For avatars with 300-500 in those it wouldn't be OP but rather just a nice touch.

9. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Actually that would be nice.
    After all that time and all the things that changed and exclusive stuff that isn't exclusive anymore i would say the old backers deserve another gimmick.

10. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Your not promoting this idea to me well.....

11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

No i don't.
    But you seem to badly want to escalate this so far pretty harmless topic.
    So i thought i would lend you a hand.

12. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I stated what i thought would be fair for new and the majority of players.

I think adding to rewards many months finished is not beneficial to how the game is portrayed or for new players....personally

13. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Yes in something that (to me) reads as an overreaction.
    Of course you are right and it shouldn't be p2w.
    But no need to shoot down the request in the first post.

14. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Royal Elderberry are often on player vendors, so it's not something locked to only people of a certain pledge.

Ok, so then ditch the tier level of the food and turn it into a four hour purple tan. I don't really care; I was just interested in giving it an additional use.

Whether it happens now, or later, I just wanted to get something Jira'd. I wouldn't think creating a recipe would be that much, but there are a lot of these kinds of little things to do and I'm sure it all adds up.

Bow Vale likes this.
  15. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Yes i thought they couldn't be sold or traded, i know there's issues at moment with the recipes being sold.

That is a good idea. Something like that i cant see hurting or getting to many feathers ruffled and would do more good than harm. Cosmetic..thumbs up

I didn't really shoot them down, it was a little abrupt and to the point yes, but i was playing game at same time and kinda rushed it. I do get accused of being pedantic at times ( i had to look it up....to much words i been told) so short and top the point i try...still cant win!

I do however see how it could be used as an incentive to encourage previous early backers back into the game. Email or something in the notes that piques their interest again for some that haven't maybe logged on for a time now that something they have has extra functionality. Its just that Benefactors and i think founders do not get this reward and they and new players are by far the largest majority i think. But giving a bonus to something in game like healing or stats or whatever should have been done at the start and its such a touchy subject, especially here i feel where i find people get a little green if others get something when they aren't. Cosmetic yes, stat altering or in game bonus no from me...but it could be a good way to encourage backers who have something they have had for a while to think it might be worth logging in to try out its new feature....Darn it...being pedantic again ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.