Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Request] My biggest request, big houses with rooms

Discussion in 'Release 9 Feedback' started by cosmicvoyager, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cosmicvoyager

cosmicvoyager Avatar

Greetings,​

This is my biggest request because having a house I like is fundamental and central. It is why I am making money, gathering, resources and crafting things.​

I want big elegant keep-like stone houses *and* I want many rooms. All the houses that are the style I want have no separate rooms, no walls and doors. The houses that have many room are small and wooden. I want both in one. Hallways with rooms.​

Please, please, please add version of the open space houses with rooms.​

I want to decorate different rooms in different styles, and dedicate different rooms to different things. And I want to let friends or players without a house have a room.​

Right now, I am on a town plot but using a row house because town houses do not have rooms like the row ones.​

Thanks​

2. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Greetings!

Have you pledged and do you have a house associated with that now?

RDouglas likes this.
  3. cosmicvoyager

cosmicvoyager Avatar

There is no house associated with my pledge. Why? I have seen them all though.

RDouglas likes this.
  4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I was just curious what size house you were interested in. Some are quite large. Were you interested in larger houses?

RDouglas likes this.
  5. cosmicvoyager

cosmicvoyager Avatar

Eventually all sizes. Right now, the King Benefactor for example. You go up the stairs and instead of there being a hallway with a big bedroom, there is an open area and closets. I do not get it. Houses are not like that. There are private bedrooms with doors. I just want alternate versions of the current houses with a hallways and rooms layout inside.

RDouglas and Kether like this.
  6. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Oh, I see now. It made me think that a great stretch goal for a future episode might be customizable floor plans!

RDouglas likes this.
  7. Kether

Kether Avatar

This is something I've always said too... New Britannia architects must hate rooms. Most buildings are just empry floors. Even big houses like Knight Marshall's, Lord's or even Duke's are mostly empty space with a couple of rooms at most. The only ones I've seen with a fair amount of rooms are Baron and Lord of the Manor.

Lord Baldrith, Kaisa and RDouglas like this.
  8. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

If rooms are too small, it just creates claustrophobia though. Hard to get the game camera to work in tight spaces.

9. RDouglas

RDouglas Avatar

Love the idea tho.... imagine designing your own treehouse for example..... oh the designs that could come from this alone would make it worthwhile...
    I would vote for customized housing/structures..... perhaps that would tantalize even more than imagined/garden designs etc....

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  10. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

If they make walls/doors available to be bought/crafted that would solve that issue.

11. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

The devs haven't made "many" houses that fit the City level yet. Those they have made, I agree (and have brought this up multiple times) should have multiple rooms and doors just like we'd expect to see in real life. I don't know if it's a technical challenge, artistic creativity, or a combination of both that keeps this from happening. However, I do know that many of the houses that have been created more recently have gone more in the direction you're describing.

Jatvardur likes this.
  12. cosmicvoyager

cosmicvoyager Avatar

Right now, I am using the four story stone row house on a town lot. The room on the top floor is my bedroom. Camera angle are no problem at all, so houses that are bigger should be able to have more rooms, but just don't. It makes no sense. I am wondering if they were all designed by the same person. If they were, that is a very bad thing because something like this can happen.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  13. cosmicvoyager

cosmicvoyager Avatar

I do not know either. I am baffled and frustrated. Everyone I go in is like that. It is possible for a game to excellent in every other way, but for one thing to be so supremely wrong it is a deal breaker. And that is what this is. Someone needs to fix this.

"I don't know if it's a technical challenge, artistic creativity, or a combination of both that keeps this from happening."

I am thinking it is that is "artistic creativity". It looks like the same person made them all and for some unknown reason they completely forgot about rooms with walls and doors. I do not know where they live where houses are like that. They are not even like that in medieval and fantasy films. People have bedrooms and baths, etc.

14. MoriensSeeker

MoriensSeeker Avatar

In terms of doing it yourself, you can currently craft wall segments but not doors (and the wall segments are small and thin like partitions/screens rather than real walls).

Of the larger houses, the Baron homes probably fit your criteria best. You might also look at the Benefactor Lord mansion, which has three large open rooms, a small square room with a door, a hall-like side room with a door, a side room without a door, a room behind a partition without a door, and a secret room. I don't think overly small rooms and oddly shaped rooms like those in the upper floors of row lots are that usable, except as storage... the small square room in the Benefactor Lord home is probably the smallest usable room, IMO. (Anything smaller feels like a cell, and induces motion sickness when spinning around the camera...)

15. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

100% Agreed. There are not so many rooms on the houses. 1 room in the Lord Marshall house (kind of an Arizona room tho haha)....Many open layouts for sure. I want many rooms with doors I can lock. Please bring on the rooms!

16. cosmicvoyager

cosmicvoyager Avatar

I want a bedroom, bath, library, kitchen, dining room, living room, alchemy lab, arboretum, guest rooms, etc.!

Jatvardur and Lord Baldrith like this.
  17. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

If they finally add those blocks in the game we could make some rooms in the inner spaces as we wish.

smack likes this.
  18. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Part of what made me pledge at my level is loving the Duke Castle layout with the large rooms and a few smaller rooms. That does it for me.

19. smack

smack Avatar

They should make open plan houses without any walls. We can partition the open space however we wish with crafted or bought "walls" and design the interior as we wish.

20. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

And dont forget wardrobes! XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.