Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Request] My biggest request, big houses with rooms

Discussion in 'Release 9 Feedback' started by cosmicvoyager, Aug 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stile

stile Avatar

I dont disagree, but the obstacles are:

Textures. People will complain if the crafted walls and doors do not match the house interiors properly

Permissions. There is a desire to set different permissions on different rooms. Richard has talked about crafted keys to rent rooms, etc. These things could be very difficult to define if the rooms are not predefined.

2. Crikey

Crikey Avatar

Very strongly agree with this. Especially the smaller houses, which seem so pokey and the actual walls take up space. Most of the designs should be offered as Open Plan or with rooms - player's choice. I think it would be easy to do?

I have not yet seen an Open Plan Row House, where at most only the top story should have rooms?

TheMadHermit likes this.
  3. smack

smack Avatar

Very good point, but I think people will make do and sacrifice some visual discrepancy for ultimate flexibility. And over time, perhaps they'll add more assets to match the homes.

Regarding permissions, I'm hoping that it'll simply work for this too. The way I think it might work are those keys are simply tied to a specific door object (you'd have to pair them). So the home owner places these walls and doors wherever to partition the space into rooms. The renter can't move walls/doors and simply has a key that unlocks his specific door.

4. Annah_Sennah

Annah_Sennah Avatar

It would be nice to have a little more space in the smaller houses, though at least there are basements available. I have an Endelmann and the house is still relatively small and the houses that are available as an alternate choice have tiny rooms.

5. stile

stile Avatar

Sounds doable. What of storage restrictions and decorating though? Since the rooms not predefined it would be hard to limit it to the confines. Hmm unless when walls complete a closed circuit with a door that creates an "area" maybe.

Speaking of houses and rooms. I was in the dukes castle in r9.

Ugh.. Spacious, yes. Nice yes. But the stairway layout was.. Unapealing. Huge long stairs coming straight down in the middle of each level, each one taking up as much space as a row house.

I cringed. They could be half that width and along a wall, taking up much less space and looking better.

The only reason to have stairways placed like that is if they are to be impressive. To make a statement of wealth. "My place is so big efficiency doesnt matter". If doing that though they would have smooth polished hand rails, figure heads, engravings and carvings all along them, extravagant supports and inlays.

They may still be working on it though and that could have been a place holder. But that was my thought when i saw them. Hmmm i dont remember what the room situation was like tbh. The stairs had all my attention. :)

Theres overall not much ive seen i dont like, but that threw me for a loop.

6. cosmicvoyager

cosmicvoyager Avatar

I think these room less designs might be a remnant of the houses in UO which had an isometric view, but that is totally different from seeing things from the perspective of the avatar and being able to be inside rooms not seeing outside. It is such an oversight and shortcoming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.