[Request] My biggest request, big houses with rooms

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by cosmicvoyager, Sep 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I think the focus on housing got shifted away temporarily to make way for PVP and combat among other things so I'm sure in time we'll see some nice housing options like you described.
    I upgraded just before the sale came in to Baron and for me the big motivation was actually the Benefactor's home as it has the qualities I wanted such as the open floor space combined with multiple rooms and I'm happy with the styling.
    The town level lots are certainly big enough to accommodate the type of home you requested and I have to agree I would love to see some homes styled and structured as you described.

Many of the housing options in the add on store leave a lot to be desired but there is one home at the town level that I think looks good and offers similar qualities that I would look for him a home apart from it's construction materials and that was the wood and plaster 2 story home with balcony.

Spoon, Jack Knyfe and Jatvardur like this.
  2. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

I mean it wouldn't be that hard, let's get some layouts guys. How would you like the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floor layouts to be? It couldn't hurt to get a bit creative in this regard. Anyone in paint can create a housing layout for the devs to have a decent reference as to what is preferrable. Also they are cycling out add-on houses and such so this may be something that will be available in-game as a regular tax-paying house, but I may use this and pay taxes in the future, who knows. I will start it off with suggestions.

This one is the first floor of a villa much like the one in Ultima Online. I really like this house and it is something I would like to have. open ended porch no rails with wraparound steps if possible, and a roofed porch on the 2nd floor directly above the 1st floor porch, with the 2nd floor rooms making another sideways L shape. It's a large house, it would probably need to be a town size lot, minimum to fit. Would leave lots of front and backyard space.[​IMG]

or
    This is my first rendition of what I perceive as a Guild Hall. Lots of available rooms for space (I know there are basements but what about those who wish to not be underground while they sleep?) Everything is optional of course, this is just my interpretation.
    [​IMG]

Lord Baldrith, Spoon and Jatvardur like this.
  3. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

I bought the village version of this house for the following reasons:

1) The first floor of the village version has a very nice design that lends itself to being a shop, due to the front counter, semi-secluded back area (perfect for craft tables and even has a room under the stairs for <insert usage here>).

2) The second floor has a long hallway, with the first door on the left being a nice room for an office / storage area, an end-of-the-hall room which could be a bedroom, and then balcony access on the right. These upper rooms could be reconfigured for various uses.

For the above reasons, this design is very malleable into different uses. The downside is that lots of people are going to cotton on to that fact, and we'll be seeing a lot of them in towns, unless more shop-like housing is created later, or more non-row-size houses are created with individual controllable (doored) rooms. Decoration of lots will only differentiate this slightly. Now, if we could "paint" our houses differently (choose a different "skin" for the external/internal textures), that might alleviate things somewhat.

Deliverence and Lord Baldrith like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.