[Request] The Ability To Place "Inns"

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Sir Tim, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Tim

Sir Tim Avatar

Although I find it hard to believe this has not been brought up... I cant find a topic on this, so here goes.

It would be nice if we could place small Inn's. They would feature a Pub, and Rooms you can rent with chests in them. I would imagine it not being allowed in towns that have NPC inns already.

The Pub
    The Pub could have a place for Vendors. It would even be nicer if you made a NPC that came with the rent of the Inn that interacted much like the Bar-keeper NPC in the 3month video. All the owner had to do it drop what he wanted to sell on him.

Rooms
    To rent a room you could make it as simple as clicking on a door(or maybe a light above the door that is off for "vacancy" and on for "occupied") that bring up a popup with a cost per day that was set by the owner, and accepting, or declining. Each door could hold a balance so you can load it up with a few days worth of rent at a time.

Or maybe the Inn comes with an Inn Keeper by the front door that manages and rents the rooms and holds the balance. I think in all of this you would need to make it so the owner of the Inn couldnt change the prices of occupied rooms with out a greatly advanced notice.

As much as I would like to use all of the above, I was more thinking of how nice it would be for me to be able to rent from fellow players. I honestly dont think I will be able to afford a Inn considering the little time I have to play each week.

Goblin King likes this.
  2. Korrigan

Korrigan Avatar

Apparently, if the game has NPC vendors, you will be able to design your own Inn without problem, and just stock up the vendors with appropriate goods like good and drinks. Just build a house of appropriate size, and put the vendors inside.

Room renting is an interesting idea, and would just have to be added to regular houses.

3. Grogan

Grogan Avatar

Room renting is a must in my opinion. This would help make up for the limited number of houses and also encourage people to move around looking for new adventures.

4. Sir Tim

Sir Tim Avatar

Yeah NPC vendors is an option, but I was thinking it would be kewl, if they had time, to make the Bar Tender as interactive as the ones in town. I didnt think about room renting with a normal house... that could be kewl. But would be nice to RP with a "Inn" house. :)

It would be awesome to RP a Landlord to this depth. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.