Requesting Developer Participation

Discussion in 'Make a Difference' started by Elgarion, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Elgarion

Elgarion Community Manager Moderator SOTA Developer

Alrighty folks -- here are some simple guidelines to request the presence of a developer at a player event. I'm trying to make these fair and equitable across the board, but do keep in mind, there are limitations to what we can provide, but as always -- we'll do our best.
    • Create a private forum conversation with the developer you would like to invite as well as the Community Manager (@Elgarion) for coordination purposes.
    • Create an event thread in the appropriate forum tagging the developer you would like to invite as well as the Community Manager (@Elgarion) for coordination purposes. The event must include the following information:
      • Time/Date
      • Description
      • Expectations of guest developer (if any, perhaps its just to hang out)
      • Back-up plan (describe to your potential attendees what you'll be doing if the developer cannot attend)
    • If your event is related to Darkstarr providing DJ services for a party, event holders must work with him WELL in advance to ensure all proper licensing and software are at his disposal to provide such services.
      • Party locations must be decorated with Aether Vibration Amplifier Consoles so people can listen to the DJ's music.
      • All decorations must be prepared ahead of time. Elgarion would like to pop in early to ensure the site is ready for the Lord of Chaos, and he can provide a small number of loaner deco items if need be. This deco WILL be returned.
    • IMPORTANT: Make sure your event has a back-up plan in case the developer cannot attend or even has to cancel last minute. We don't want to see an event cancelled just because a developer cannot attend. Back-up plans must be incorporated into your event so it takes some of the pressure off the dev team.
    Once invited, we'll be sure to let you know soon after the invite if we'll be able to attend.

So a few things to keep in mind. The development team, believe it or not, have personal lives. They have family and friends to care for, as well as limitations on how many hours they have available due to the workload with the development of the game. We hope that at least a couple of times a month we can have a developer sneak over to one of your events and have some fun. We'll certainly do our best to show. We won't be able to attend every event, but we'll do our best to spread the love.

Also of note, I'm sure many of you noticed that there are quite a few of the developers that hide in the shadows and are a bit camera shy. So you'll have the best luck inviting developers that commonly do pop in and attend player events and during the work hours you see they're normally available.

Alrighty, happy event planning Avatars!

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    Lily Byrd, Celthon, Mal Hari and 10 others like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I'm feeling very encouraged by your posts/presence recently.
    Bravo, Elgarion, bravo... ;)

3. Elgarion

Thanks @FrostII -- doin' my best! Without having @Ravalox and the team at my back, and training me, doubt I'd be much help at all. They're quick to give me the answers and training I need to be of use to you ;)

4. TaiKee Vetrae

TaiKee Vetrae Avatar

Hiring Elgarion was one of the best moves they've made recently IMHO.

This comes too late for me, but I love that it's being organized now.

:):D

Wilfred, Rentier, Mal Hari and 6 others like this.
  5. Elgarion

BLUSH! :p

Alrighty folks -- this is no longer "Coming Soon" -- Darkstarr looked it over and gave his thumbs up as well.

Wilfred, Lily Byrd, Rentier and 2 others like this.
  6. AoiBlue

AoiBlue Avatar

Humble Bundle has a CONVID-19 charity support bundle right now. You might want to throw an item in there.

Lily Byrd, Rentier and Mal Hari like this.
  7. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Check, check, check, and done! :)

Rentier and Mal Hari like this.
  8. Elgarion

Darkstarr and I should definitely be there. Lord British has been notified in our chat. Hopefully he'll have time to swing by, but if not, we'll be sure party it up in honor of him regardless. Looking forward to it! :)