Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Resolute Town Performance

Discussion in 'Release 28 Bug Forum' started by Andrew Silverston, Apr 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

1. Title: Resolute Town performance
    2. Reproduction Rate: Always
    3. Blocker? Not
    4. Details: Bad performance in Resolute town, worse than in any other bigger town (small town, bunch of objects, bad LOD for some objects maybe?)
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Go to Resolute and check fps, then go to another town and check fps.
    6. User Specs: AMD 4Ghz, 8 core CPU; GTX 980 4GB GPU; 32GB RAM; Windows 7 Ultimate 64x bit.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hello Andrew, and thank you for the report! Are you experiencing the bad performance for the entire scene, or would you say some pockets are worse than others? If the latter, would you be able to mark them via /loc and paste the information for their location coordinates here? I believe performance for most major highly-concentrated city scenes is known to take a slight hit.

3. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Hi Attenwood, it seems that after entering Resolute and looking NW frames are the worst. If I pass the area with the big statue and vendors around it, it doesn't seem to be as bad. Something in that area around the tall stone statue taxing the system badly. I believe that game engine uses mainly CPU currently, maybe things will change for better when you offload some to GPU to process shaders.. I am not sure how your engine currently works, but that's what I've heard.

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for the clarification, Andrew! Adding this to our report and will investigate personally to see what might be creating this performance slump in the area described.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.