1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Body slam stun buff broken

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by trovador, Jan 3, 2021.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trovador

trovador Avatar

1. Title: Body slam stun buff broken
    2. Reproducible? 100%
    3. Blocker? Seriously affecting builds with heavy armour specs
    4. Details:The stun time buff applied on mobs from Body Slam is not working since the last patch (presumably for the house deed sale in crown store), mobs wake up from stun state when the gear durability debuff is over (10 seconds) even the stun buff is still activated on the mob. With my high level melee build, My stun buff from body slam can last up to 20 seconds, but the mobs always wake up in 10 seconds after been stunned.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Use body slam on high HP mobs and you will see what I mean
    6. User Specs: Linux 4.15.0-128, RAM:20GB, CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Testing this on QA since I can't test on Live without altering my character.

- Skill description text for 'stun duration' does not update from stacking (bug)
    - 3 seconds is as written but can increase up to 5 seconds with a 5 stack
    (this pic shows 5 stack, and only 3 second duration on skill text, followed by a picture of the actual duration applied)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Echondas

With GM in Heavy Spec, I got the duration up to 13 seconds with a 6 stack (duration text did not update on skill description)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  4. Echondas

@trovador can you please get some screenshots from Live showing that the duration was changed? I have no way to verify this on Live without modifying my character in a way I do not want to, currently.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

keep in mind when testing this that the duration listed in the skill description is gonna be modified by the target's resistance to it as well

Echondas likes this.
  6. trovador

trovador Avatar

Thanks for the reply. Actually the duration of stun buff from body slam has not been changed in the last patch. @Echondas The problem is that the mobs wake up and attack me when the stun buff still has couple seconds left, and it keeps the count down as usual even when the mob is already awake.

Echondas likes this.
  7. Echondas

@trovador Ah, I see what you're saying.. I will try and reproduce having the mobs attack me while still showing the stunned status icon.

8. Echondas

hey @trovador I tried to repro this on live (got my body slam skill to 40), and a 4 stack is doing a 5 second stun for me.. I did see 1 instance where the monster had executed an attack JUST as I did body slam, so they got 1 attack off while seemingly stunned.. but I'm going to say that was just lucky timing for the mob.

A few questions to maybe help me reproduce this better:
    How long do you need to stun the mob for - to notice this? ie: my 5 second stun isn't doing it.. but if I got the stun up to maybe 8 - would I notice it after perhaps 6 seconds? Are you using any gear which is modifying body slam or the stun duration, etc? Lastly, have you ever had this happen while in a scene solo as Scene Master (perhaps there is some network lag causing things to seem out of wack?)

Alley Oop likes this.
  9. trovador

trovador Avatar

@Echondas Thanks. My melee build is very focused in body slam(level 140), heavy armor spec(level 115), knight's grace(level 100), and a chest piece that extends body slam stun duration for 33%. So to reproduce this bug, you need to make your body slam stun duration to be more than 10 seconds. Because this bug makes the mobs wake up in 10 seconds after been stunned, no matter how much longer your stun buff can last.
    I noticed this bug when I was not scene master, and I'm pretty sure it's not because of the network lag, because I have tried a dozens of times there and the mobs always wake up in exactly 10 seconds (no more and no less). I'll try it out again later in different scenes with different mobs.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    Echondas and Anpu like this.
  10. trovador

trovador Avatar

Ok, now this is weird. I just tried again earlier and the bug is gone o_O I even went back to the same scene and tried with the same kind of mobs and everything was back to normal again.:( Maybe that was a temperary glitch of the instance and not something persistent.
    Anyway, I will keep trying and post any unusual thing here if I find any. thank you very much for the time and patient @Echondas :)

Echondas, Alley Oop and Anpu like this.
  11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

12. trovador

trovador Avatar

I think so. This problem have never appeared again. Thanks

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.