Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] build 869 - serious sync issues

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by mystarr, Nov 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

build 869
    • In updated spectral mountains. Lots of the satyrs/kobolds would die but still be standing frozen in place not taking damage. Some people in group would see them as dead and some would see them as alive an invulnerable. no one could loot them
    • Left that zone and went to kill the lich in owls head sewers. We pull him into a side hallway. Some players would see that he was in the middle of the group fighting us and other players would not see that he had entered the hallway. The players that could see him were correct because he was killing us as we debated whether or not he was there... :)
    These issues were bad enough that my group considered the game unplayable and quit playing for the night.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    Mordai likes this.
  2. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

11/15/2018 20:06
    Title: sync issues
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details: As stated by Mystarr - if this helps where we were at the time. We tried having the group members that could not see the mob leave game and come back, but the bug persisted randomly. Noticed excessive lag with high visual fights in both areas as well. There were six of us in group.
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32727
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.869.Date.11.15.18
    Area: OwlsHead Sewers
    Area Display Name: Owl's Head Sewers
    Loc: (129.7, 10.0, -23.5)
    Debug: T3dsc0hlYWQgU2V3ZXJzfHwoMTI5LjY1MywgMTAuMDIzLCAtMjMuNDkzKXwoMCwgLTAuMjcyLCAwLCAwLjk2Mil8LTMxLjYyNjQxfDEyLjU5NjY5fDIuODcxMTYx

3. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

We haven't seen this issue locally. We're still needing more information, or perhaps more cases of the problem. Videos of the problem as it is occurring (and just before it started) would be most helpful.

4. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

[​IMG]
    We had no mobs attacking us unseen this time round, but we did have players dead, but not dead. This player had been resurrected, but was not viewable by any other member of our group and the UI continued to tell us they were dead, but in fact they were running around fine after the resurrection. This happened a few more times, but always after a resurrection. We are on build 870. We were in a mix of party and private mode, and then swapped to all private to see if that had an effect, it did not. The player that was affected by the non synch life needed to log out of the game and return to correct the issue.

Other problems we encountered before were mobs that appeared alive, but were not. Some players could see them dead and loot or skin, but others could not see them dead and continued to attack said mobs, summoned pets and tamed animals would also continue to attack these dead mobs.
    [​IMG]
    Here you see a spider, this happed several times with kobold, stags and the spiders. We have a theory that stuns from the Air tree may be to blame for the undead appearance of dead mobs.

With build 870 lag had improved though. All of this occurred between 8:30 pm and 10:30 pm PDT. Hope this helps.

5. Lord Subtleton

@Cirsee Thanks for the posts. Player death is mentioned sometimes. Does this de-sync ever happen in a "fresh" instance where no player has died? (Looking for a triggering event that causes the trouble.)

6. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I'm sure Cirsee will come back, but I know for a fact I was getting very serous de-sync as the only player in the instance and with zero deaths on my part.

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

no one died the last time i was in upper tears, with @Mac2, but i was desynced and barely escaped

Mac2 likes this.
  8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I had to spam heals on you and get the agro of the mobs off of you, it was close call.

If it helps, when I am instance master I dont have any issues but others in my party will.

9. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

For example, it was alley me and my alt big mac in upper tears when this happened, to ally she was in a safe spot but to me it looked like she was in the middle of the mob spawn point, and they agroed on her like she was where I saw here, BUT, my alt saw mac also in a bad position, but I was safe and the mobs treated me like I was in a safe spot. So right now, I only play as instance master and I do not get any issues.

10. Cirsee

Cirsee Avatar

In this zone, Mobs started behaving oddly before any deaths. Player behavior did not seem to cause issue until at least one death. One of our group has an air stun build that did seem to increase this behavior on mobs. The longer in the zone, the worse it got. It effected all members, even the group leader.

While duoing with my husband to do story in Highvale (not outskirts), neither of us died and I can’t say I saw any of this behavior. Nor have I noticed it solo in Epitaph. My husband experienced full crashes to desktops a couple times last night. Once in our large group and again while duoing. Only difference in our systems is the video card, but both are Nvidia.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  11. Lord Subtleton

Thanks for the posts. This info was helpful in tracking down the problem. Should now be resolved as of build #875.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.