1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Collect Norgard Knightly Armor: missing overworld blue marker

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Echondas, Nov 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

11/11/2021 22:27
    Title: Collect Norgard Knightly Armor: missing overworld blue marker
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1
    Blocker? No
    Details: There's usually a blue marker on the overworld scene entrance for quests. This one seems to be missing the blue marker.
    Steps to Reproduce:Get the quest from Conrad Dupre in Resolute, then continue with Whitten the Combat Merchant. Exit to the Overworld and observe the map / compass
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (6) System RAM: 32678
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.Win.64.1478.Date.11.09.21
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (-260.8, 18.8, 176.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgtMjYwLjgwNCwgMTguNzU0LCAxNzYuMDE4KXwoMCwgLTAuMzczLCAwLCAwLjkyOCl8MzIyLjA5MTN8NDEuMDgzNTN8MzYuMDA5NDc=

[​IMG]

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The scene you need to go to is Verdantis Mines, but that’s not an area in the overland.

I think (?) there’s a limitation when if the place you need to go is inside a scene, it doesn’t show a marker.

But inside Verdantis Foothills you then should see a marker to Verdantis Mines.

Don’t know if that’s a bug or new functionality that would be needed.

Echondas likes this.
  3. Echondas

Yah, I can see the markers OK from within the scene. I always thought nested scene quests had an Overworld marker on the parent scene.. I'll have to make a test character and check that with some other nested quest, like the Obsidian Forge for example, or something in K'rul to see if the Overworld tags Skrekk.

Anpu likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Off the top of my head, here's quests with nested scenes (can get these easily with a new created character):
    Jarred in Braemar Dragon Dagger
    Bemus in Jaanaford the Stop the Broken Echoes Foreman (note you will have to leave Jaanaford and then see if there's a marker for Jaanaford on the overland map).
    Ariel Rosehaven the Last of the Order of Truth quest (speak to Isabel Spalding to advance the quest to the mines).
    Jack Price on Jack of Diamonds the quest for the Kobold weapons.
    Lord Macson in aerie Find Documents in Longfall Woods (but longfall woods POI marker is currently not showing).

My guess is, you will not see any marker for the area with nested scenes. But once you enter them, you will. I think this is one of those we are so used to seeing areas marked with markers, but the very small few ones with nested scenes don't have them until you enter the scene. This would be a wishlist then, and it would be very good to add, as sometimes it's difficult to remember which scene has the nested ones. But the actual journal entries do have this information on where to go.

5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

I think we don't show markers on the overworld for nested scenes because that could easily get out of control. For example, consider that any scene with a Lunar Rift could be seen as "nested" thus all Lunar Rift scenes would mark themselves as having a quest from one of them. Likewise, any dungeon with entrances in multiple scenes would mark all connected scenes as having quests.

In some rare cases I manually put a marker on the overworld a scene that's the (primary) entrance for a nested scene, but usually only if there's something exceptionally confusing or critical that requires a marker be present.

Alley Oop, Anpu and Echondas like this.
  6. Echondas

Thanks! You just saved me a bunch of trouble researching this more! (I literally JUST logged into a test character!) This makes sense like you said, to not have it be a 'default' behavior and only do it for certain quests. Thanks! :)

Sannio likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.