Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved?] CPU pegged, about 1/3 a FPS in Novia - after loading to world map from Rift's End

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Echondas, May 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

5/15/2018 5:58 PM
    Title: CPU pegged (all cores) about 1/3 a FPS in Novia - after loading to world map from Rift's End
    Reproduction Rate: 2 / 2
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: Close to 100% CPU usage, and about 1/3 a FPS or less in Novia
    *Note* look at GPU RAM in system specs below - GPU RAM is normally: 1979 - was able to get a /devbug in during this repro, and GPU RAM is being reported much higher

Steps to Reproduce: Load into Rift's End - everything is fine - logout in Rift's End. Quit the game. Reload the game, select 'start on world map'. CPU seems to start going nuts around 98% load time, and the load screen takes a lot longer than it used to.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3550 @ 3.07GHz (8) System RAM: 24573
    GPU: Software Adapter GPU RAM: 12286
    SotA.QA.Win.64.680.Date.05.15.18
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (180.8, 13.0, 338.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgxODAuNzcyLCAxMi45NTIsIDMzOCl8KDAuMDAyLCAtMC44NDYsIC0wLjAwOCwgLTAuNTMzKXwxMTUuNTkxOHwwfDQw

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  2. Echondas

* Update * - Rebooting seems to have fixed this - I rebooted because the SOTA QA launcher was crashing.

Lexie also noticed that in addition to the GPU RAM being reported differently - the adapter was being reported as "Software Adapter GPU" - instead of "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 GPU" - which was what /bug was reporting when the problem was not happening (same build 680).

I'm on Nvidia Drivers 397.31 - never updated to latest ones that were problematic - and have never seen this before.

I'm going to update to latest now to be safe, though.. since supposedly Nvidia straightened out the issues they were having..

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

We checked into it, and after review, we don't think it is the game that is ignoring your video card...
    In fact, I could repro this morning but I've now updated to the latest video drivers and so far, so good.
    @Echondas

Echondas likes this.
  4. Echondas

Cool deal- I guess it was a driver issue after all. I haven't had the issue since going with latest greatest either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.