1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Ferig will not complete Quest of Courage

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Justiciar, Dec 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justiciar

Justiciar Avatar

12/06/2020 13:55
    Title: Ferig will not complete Quest of Courage (char: "Justiciar Songbird")
    Reproduction Rate: First time I've seen it and I've played through the quest lines with 3 other chars already. Maybe it was because I teleported in to Valhold while encumbered or near RAM limits? <Shrug>.
    Blocker? Yes.
    Details: "Justiciar Songbird" is in Valhold but Ferig won't complete the Quest of Courage by killing Mara. Saying "fourth baton" and "arrive" to Essen causes him to close the conversation but Ferig won't do anything. Grannus is in a coma, cuddling his staff. Ferig will sort of follow me if I head out a bit but otherwise is not responsive even if I try to talk to him. He just says "I have nought to say".
    Steps to Reproduce: Teleported into Valhold after Koribar and completed Mara and Essen but Ferig won't say anything.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 16336
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU RAM: 4053
    SotA.Win.64.1317.Date.12.02.20
    Area: Novia_R10_Valhold_Palace/Step2
    Area Display Name: Valhold Palace
    Loc: (202.7, 30.1, 231.4)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjEwX1ZhbGhvbGRfUGFsYWNlfFN0ZXAyfCgyMDIuNjksIDMwLjA4OCwgMjMxLjM4Myl8KDAsIC0wLjMyNiwgMCwgMC45NDUpfC04MDkuMDgyOHwyMC4wMDMxM3wxLjI1

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Can you possibly exit the game while in that scene, then resume there and try again?

3. Justiciar

Justiciar Avatar

Still broken.
    Mara may auto-trigger when within conversation range and freshly restarted. Mara has only one option "Come Forth" triggering Essen.
    Essen may auto-trigger when within conversation range and freshly restarted. Essen has conversation options ending in Arrived triggering Ferig.
    Ferig may auto-trigger when within conversation range and freshly restarted. Ferig says "I have naught to say" (if freshly restarted or specifically talked to) or simply does not trigger (if talking to Essen while not freshly restarted) and has no conversation options listed.
    The weird thing is that when I freshly go in the chars will auto-trigger as follows: Essen will trigger first and quickly de-trigger, followed by Mara. My char will not move to converse with Ferig but the conversation box will say "Ferig" while talking to Mara (Mara's will disappear).

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
    Anpu likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I've actually been writing a guide for the entire Courage quest. Here is the exact steps I documented to have this part of the quest advance:

After you arrive in the throne room, wait a few moments and then Mara will speak to you. Click the I have news of Demig.... and come forth keywords. Essen will now enter the scene. Click the Demig has fallen!, kobolds, Demig, dealings, fourth baton and arrive/arrived keywords. Lord Ferig will appear. Click stand back and move away from Lord Ferig and Mara. After Mara is killed go to Grannus and speak to him.

EDIT: I think I see what is happening. @Justiciar it looks like you are manually typing in keywords? Could you possibly follow the above stated steps by clicking only on keywords as stated above and see if that resolves this?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  5. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

@Justiciar , please return to Valhold Palace and say "stand back" to Ferig. I think that will advance the quest for you. Let me know the result, please! :)

Justiciar and Anpu like this.
  6. Justiciar

Justiciar Avatar

Hello.
    @Anpu, I completed everything but when Essen transferred his speech to Ferig, Ferig said "I have naught to say" instead of going into the speech about how Mara's warrant gave him the authority to deal with traitors. Note: I did deliver the warrant to Ferig plus a bottle of Kobold wine so that part of the quest was complete. Restarting simply reactivates the characters' auto-select and for some reason Ferig still has no conversation options and says "I have naught to say".
    @Sannio, Thanks. Your suggestion worked. It bypassed Ferig's speech but that's ok.
    Ferig completed his task and Grannus gave me the scepter and the 400k xp and sent me on the Quest of the Oracle.
    So now if someone else has this issue then you know how to bypass it.
    Thanks.

Anpu likes this.
  7. Sannio

@Justiciar , thanks for the update!

I have a plan to improve the conversations in the throneroom of Grannus, mostly to help guide players. I'm not sure when I'll get around to it, but situations like yours make it clear that there's a need for it!

8. Sannio

I decided to prioritize the updates to the throne room and worked on them for a part of yesterday. Here are some highlights of what will be changed for next release:
    • Hints for each step will appear in the form of compass markers. (They won't be full tasks, just helpful direction.)
    • If you exit a conversation or leave the scene, you'll get a smarter reenter-the-conversation response from NPCs.
    • Some keywords were changed to better accommodate "first time conversing" and "returning to a conversation" situations.
      • Mara's "come forth" keyword will be changed to "Essen" keyword.
      • Essen's "arrive" keyword will be changed to "Ferig" keyword.
      • Ferig's "stand back" keyword will be changed to "what needs to be done" keyword.
    • Added some fallback responses along the lines of "I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean A or B?" This is to help players get back on track if they lose their place deeper into a conversation.
    Ultimately, you should never have a time when you're wondering, "What do I say or do now?"

Also, I did a small change with the lighting--when you're returning to the throne room, I turned off almost all the other lights in the castle to help direct you right to the throne room.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.