Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved]Game Freezes & Other Oddities

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by Beaumaris, Dec 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

R37 blocker experiences tonight:

- Logged in apparently trying to place a row lot, with a red outline I could not place or let go of. No idea where it came from. Was able to do some banking but it didnt go away. Relogged.

- Logged in, ran a few yards, then spinning blue Windows 10 wheel. Relogged.

- Logged in, tried to open keep gate, and it said the switch is busy. Gate would not open. Windows spinning blue resumed.

- Thereafter spinning blue wheel kicks in before I can get a /bug . Windows task manager says "Shroud of the Avatar is not responding" Exited application, restarted through Steam with same results. Continues as a blocker.

- Gave SPO mode a go, and logged in with a naked Avatar. Game was unresponsive. Same swirling blue end point.

- Existed game and steam, restarted steam logged back in, went to MPO overworld map and the game played fine. Went into Brittany Central and all fine. Got to Brittany Central docks and now my POT boat is gone. All POT boats are gone.

- Found that my POT boat is now in a group boat. Went back into the POT via new boat, scene crashed to swirling blue again.

Internet connection and other apps seem to be running fine.

Cheers!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for this swath of issues, however many of these would require more detailed information for us to start to look into each fully...

Logged in apparently trying to place a row lot, with a red outline I could not place or let go of. No idea where it came from. Was able to do some banking but it didnt go away. Relogged.
    We have not seen this occur. Can you reproduce this?

- Logged in, ran a few yards, then spinning blue Windows 10 wheel. Relogged.

- Logged in, tried to open keep gate, and it said the switch is busy. Gate would not open. Windows spinning blue resumed.

- Thereafter spinning blue wheel kicks in before I can get a /bug . Windows task manager says "Shroud of the Avatar is not responding" Exited application, restarted through Steam with same results. Continues as a blocker.

If possible, please locate your game's either player.log or sota_log.txt file and send it to rromero@portalarium.com for us to review what if any issues may have been recorded from your client.

- Existed game and steam, restarted steam logged back in, went to MPO overworld map and the game played just fine. Went into Brittany Central and fine. Got to Brittany Central docks and now my POT boat is gone. All POT boats are gone.

We have consolidated POT interconnection access and are working to spread this change. Instead of having dozens and dozens of boats, we will now have a boat that allows access to multiple locations sorted by Biome Type.

Beaumaris likes this.
  3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Those oddities were truly random and I think related to scene underperformance in some way. I lock up and am unable to /bug. I was writing them down as they occurred and didn't have a chance to go back and clean them up before you commented.

However, I am able to get to the overworld map and back to Brittany central and things are just fine. These only occur in the POT.

So I now believe these issues relate to a problem POT scene - Caladruin, now on the island group boat by the docks. I will send the file along as requested.

Cheers!

4. Attenwood

Thank you kindly!

5. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Alas, neither player.log nor sota_log.txt exist on my PC

6. Attenwood

What kind of magical device are you running your client on? The Tetrahedron of G'anash?

Beaumaris likes this.
  7. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I dunno, I just put a COTO in and it plays! :)

Still rummaging through steam folders to see if I missed them....ran searches on 'This PC" in Windows 10 explorer and don't find those files. I do find output_log.txt.

The POT scene Caladruin continues to freeze on log in, as soon as I beam into the scene while I still with blue glowies on me. The mouse remains active, but I have to alt-tab out and exit the game using the Windows Task Manager.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32693
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X GPU RAM: 12243
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.520.Date.12.15.16
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany
    Area Display Name: Central Brittany
    Loc: (423.6, 28.2, 323.7)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  8. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

I don't know if it is any different on windows 10 but on windows 7 sota_log.txt can be found here:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar_Data\

I don't know about player.log.

Beaumaris likes this.
  9. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Thanks, I checked this out and do not have that folder. Do you play using Steam?

10. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

UPDATE: Build 521 seems to have resolved this issue.

I logged in while in the POT scene and immediately froze (game unresponsive). I killed the game in Windows, and logged in again overland,. returned to the POT scene, and so far so good. Whew!

But now I am seeing multiple players trapped in walls in Brittany Central, so whereas before I was afraid to enter my POT, now I am afraid to leave it!

11. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

No.

12. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

UDPATE: I take it back. The POT scene continues to freeze the game.

This happens only in my POT, Caladruin, off Brittany Central docks. The crash occurs when I approach the keep wall gates, whether I use the gate access lever or not. The game locks up, the Windows blue spinning wheel appears, and Windows is inoperable before I can get a /bug report. I cannot find any of the files referenced above, as a Steam user. Windows 10 resumes being operable only after it identifies SOTA as an unresponsive program, then it lets me kill the process.

I will send the log files referenced above if someone can tell me where to find them. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  13. Attenwood

We adjusted some thiiiiiiings for build 522. Could you report on how your crashing is behaving in that build? Thank you.

Beaumaris likes this.
  14. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

So far so good. Visited the POT scene and gate a few times without crashing. Huzzah!

Thanks!

Attenwood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.