1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Game gets stuck right after login

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Vero, Sep 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vero

Vero Avatar

This morning, in-game I noticed 'long wait times' for in-game commands. Example; double click on door, door opens 30ish sec later, cast buff, buff comes 30ish sec later, incoming dmg hit 30ish sec later etc. etc.

After that the client crashed and I can't get past login screen anymore. Right after entering credentials the game gets stuck in loading screen.

Having this issue on both regular and steam client.

Reinstalled game seval times. No luck.
    Offline mode runs smooth
    Tried with different accounts. all same issue

i7
    32gb
    w10

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

What scene were you in where this was happening?

3. Vero

Vero Avatar

Was in Ordinis Mortis when i started

Anpu likes this.
  4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I was able to enter here and no issues of slowing down. I used a teleport to zone scroll and saw this in the /debug window arriving:

[​IMG]

I then logged out completely and closed the game. Logged in and selected Resume, no issues.
    I do not own a lot here, so don't know if that could be an issue? Just warnings, no Error or Fatal reports. Just hoping this might be useful?

Using Nvidia 456.55 Drivers.

09/29/2020 20:22
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1290.Date.09.25.20
    Area: POT_grassland_metropolis_01_template/Ordinis Mortis
    Area Display Name: Ordinis Mortis
    Loc: (164.7, 46.5, 308.6)
    Debug: UE9UX2dyYXNzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfE9yZGluaXMgTW9ydGlzfCgxNjQuNjgyLCA0Ni41MDEsIDMwOC42MzIpfCgwLCAtMC42NTIsIDAsIC0wLjc1OCl8Mzk5LjM4Njh8MjUuMzQzODZ8MTQuMTg4ODk=

Vero likes this.
  5. Vero

Vero Avatar

Thanks @Anpu for all the help.

Weirdly it seemed to 'resolve itself' this morning. Still seeing quite some network congestions icons popup but i can login and play without any if the issues i was experiencing.
    Been logged in for a good hour or 2 now without big issues.

Would have loved to know what was happening!

Anpu likes this.
  6. Vero

Vero Avatar

Issue just came back unfortunately.

Started seeing more network icons until client logout.

Tried to fish out some warnings from /debug.

Not sure if this helps:

Object Path:

Time: 13:39:32.425

Category: CONSOLE

Message: PersistenceService, PoorConnectionBegin, Loading=False, Ping response delayed.Rtt(variance): 164(11). Ms since last receive: 156. Stats elapsed: 932sec.
    Longest delta between Send: 250ms Dispatch: 1016ms. Longest callback OnEv: 0=204ms OnResp: 0=32ms. Calls of Send: 57214 Dispatch: 59961.
    TotalPacketBytes: 592204 TotalCommandBytes: 510640 TotalPacketCount: 6797 TotalCommandsInPackets: 9706
    TotalPacketBytes: 1050021 TotalCommandBytes: 924141 TotalPacketCount: 10490 TotalCommandsInPackets: 13772

No errors or fatal lines.

7. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

These errors are indicating an issue in the internet between you and the game server.

Vero and Anpu like this.
  8. Vero

Vero Avatar

Today issues were non-existent!

If it indeed was between ISP and Game Server it's still a little strange. I did not encounter any other issues with internet. it's a stable fast connection. Working from home and running several systems.
    Ah well, seems all ok again!

<3

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.