Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved]Major change in performance

Discussion in 'Release 39 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Mortanius, Feb 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

2/10/2017 5:14 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16284
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M GPU RAM: 3037
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.451.Date.02.09.17
    Area: Novia_R1_City_Celestis
    Area Display Name: Celestis
    Loc: (16.1, 69.9, -129.0)

With the jump to Unity 5.5, it seems like this release took a major hit in performance on my machine. R38 runs smooth as butter. Last night I installed patch 450; and I couldn't open it up. When I try loading it, I could pass a pop up saying that I sold an item. I tried opening 4 or 5 times; same issue. After installing patch 451, it almost hung up on the same messages, but finally loaded. I loaded up in Kingsport. It was very slow/ choppy. Walls took longer than usual to pop in. Upon the world map, movement was slow/ choppy. There were a lot more visual pop ups everywhere I turned. Textures don't load near as smoothly as R38. On part of the overland map, textures were completely black (it was dusk) until I cast the light spell. Running through the wooded areas made my machine crawl. Going into a instance with bandits, it seemed to get better. Overall, this just doesn't have near the same amount of optimization as what I have been used to these past few releases.

2. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

*UPDATE*
    Patch 453 has seemed to clear up the issues I was having. Thanks for the hard work, Port!

Attenwood likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.