Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Player Health Bar Isn't Visible Above Head

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by jiirc, Sep 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

9/21/2017 10:12 AM
    Title: Player Health Bar Isn't Visible Above Head
    Reproduction Rate: not sure anymore (At least on one computer)
    Blocker? No
    Details:
    See second post as well.
    I did a fresh install of the QA client through Steam on a new computer . I was setting up the different options when I noticed that the health bar was gone over my player's head. Setting this option in the interface options had no effect on the health bar visibility. This is not the player health bar in the upper left hand corner of the screen.)
    Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Open the Options menu
    2. Click on the Interface button
    3. Scroll down to the Nameplates and Chat Bubbles section
    4. Find the Show Player Health Bar option
    5. Select it. The player health bar that should be above the player's head isn't visible.
    6. Select the Show Player Nameplate option just above it (just in case it needs to be on to see the nameplate). The player health bar that should be above the player's head isn't visible.

SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.551.Date.09.20.17
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (120.6, 12.1, 88.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgxMjAuNjI4LCAxMi4wOTcsIDg4LjI3NCl8KDAsIDAuOTYzLCAwLCAtMC4yNyl8MjExLjM0OTd8MzUuNzAzMDN8NDA=

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Does Pressing "N" change anything?

Lexie likes this.
  3. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Oh oh!, it's not 100% reproducible anymore. I noticed something with the health bar that changes the steps. It may be more restrict than wide spread.

I didn't notice the health bar until after I zoned a couple of times. I was in a town scene when I first tried to set this up. There wasn't any health bar. I zoned to Novia, not sure if there was a health bee, didn't pay much attention. Then I zoned into Brittany Alleys, still not paying much attention to the health bar. Walked around then zoned out to Novia and into Brittany Wharfs. I saw Liz's post and was going to try it. Before I could try it out, there Was a health bar.

My conclusion is that it might have to be a fresh install so that the settings are back to the default.since this was on windows, there wouldn't be any registry settings in place yet. Then it should be an issue. Then I would try the first zone and look to see if the bar was there or not.

I also remember changing from multiplayer to friends only. Not sure if that triggered the update or if it was zoning.

4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I wiped out the registry entry for SotA QA and tried it again. Unable to reproduce it anymore. So not sure what conditions were present to cause it to be a problem initially. Unless there was another entry somewhere other than the registry.

Not sure if it's worth mentioning, but it was a fresh steam install. I know that it shouldn't make a difference, but ...

Lexie likes this.
  5. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@Lexie, I think I know what it might have been; it's not something I even noticed on Live until now. When you are on the overworld map, the overhead health bars aren't visible. I might have been on the overworld when I set the option for the health bars to appear. Thought you might like to know.

6. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@jiirc
    Yeah, it has been that way. I think the consensus was it was more aesthetically pleasing on the overworld. For awhile it was up (so all saw it at some point, I think) but has been modified again. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.