Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Sameal does not respond after talking with Sequanna

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by tioga trailrunner, Mar 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tioga trailrunner

tioga trailrunner Avatar

3/9/2018 6:27 PM
    Title: Samael does not respond to "ring" or "sequanna" after talking with Sequanna
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: Made it all the way to Sequanna w/Samael. After speaking with her I attempt to speak with Samael but there is no response when entering ring or sequanna. I left the instance and returned one time and had the same issue. I tried leaving the instance again and now I cannot make it past the barrier of Samael's Regrets and I cannot summon Samael (the glyph is gone).
    Steps to Reproduce: Follow the path of Love to Malice, defeat anapa and then speak with sequanna
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz (4) System RAM: 32687
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 GPU RAM: 2007
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.743.Date.03.01.18
    Area: POT_grassland_metropolis_01_template/Outlander Welcome Center
    Area Display Name: Outlander Welcome Center
    Loc: (172.6, 45.7, -107.6)
    Debug: UE9UX2dyYXNzbGFuZF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfE91dGxhbmRlciBXZWxjb21lIENlbnRlcnwoMTcyLjYwNiwgNDUuNjc5LCAtMTA3LjU4Mil8KDAsIDAuMzg3LCAwLCAtMC45MjIpfDMxNC40MDQzfDEwfDEuMjU=

[​IMG]

Rentier likes this.
  2. tioga trailrunner

tioga trailrunner Avatar

As an update to this thread, I just went back into Spite and Samael is in the Inn. I spoke with him and started the quest again. Made it to Sequanna, again, and the same symptoms occur. She tells me to talk with Samael and when I attempt to, I'm prompted for "ring" and "sequanna". Selecting either of them elicits no response in the chat w/Samael. I can click "ring" 20 times and it just scrolls as if it is hung retreiving the reesponse. I'll try again in the morning I suppose.

Rentier likes this.
  3. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

I have the same issue but i think i scipped one side quest of Samael so this quest can't be done
    (meet him in his homestead BEFORE going to Malice)

tioga trailruns likes this.
  4. tioga trailrunner

tioga trailrunner Avatar

I'll try this tonight.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    Rentier likes this.
  5. tioga trailrunner

tioga trailrunner Avatar

Now, just to find the homestead ...

Are you talking of the homestead in Ardoris? There is never anyone there ...

6. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

nope the homestead of samael is in Drachvald (i forgot if it is Brookside or Eastmarch - anyways its the town with the nebula

7. Gregg247

Gregg247 Avatar

This is completely unacceptable. 3 weeks before release, and they can't keep these missions working properly. I've completed this mission multiple times before. Now, as noted above, it suddenly no longer works. Ridiculous. This is the third mission that I've done today that was broken (2 shards of the vermillion lenses were also not working correctly). You CANNOT release a game to the public where the basic missions DO NOT WORK!!!!!!!

Further Note: I got the mission to complete. I clicked on the word "ready" from Samael's list of action words about 100 times really fast, and eventually it triggered his response. So that's the answer then--beat on the keyboard until it works. :(

8. tioga trailrunner

tioga trailrunner Avatar

Rentier, speaking with Samael again in his homestead indeed was the key. It's unfortunate that the quest led me to Malice before the prerequisites were complete. I'd say this is a bug but there is a workaround. Thanks for the tip.

9. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

so you did this after freeing sequanna?

tioga trailruns and Lexie like this.
  10. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@tioga trailruns
    I suspect the flags have changed at some point when you were already on the quest. A new player starting this now should (hopefully) not have this issue.
    Please let us know if you are still having problems, but I believe you have completed this quest line now.

tioga trailruns likes this.
  11. tioga trailrunner

tioga trailrunner Avatar

Reterier, no, I had previously made it all the way to Sequanna and started the dialog with Samael but when speaking with him he would prompt me about the ring but never respond. Once I found him in his homestead and completed that side quest, I ran Malice again and this time he responded and I was able to free Sequanna. As I mentioned previously, I don't think you should be directed to Malice w/Samael until you've completed the prerequisite quests.

Rentier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.