Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Shown Experience Pool Not Updating

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by Jason_M, Feb 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Hello guys and gals. Tried to search for this but didn't find anything using the terms.

Had something unusual happen last night. Two things, actually - one which was definitely observed and the other which couldn't be observed (due to the first problem) but might have happened.

SUMMARY/TLDR: Shown experience didnt change until after crash and then moved to another scene, and experience may not have been acquired.

Lots of folks know about the attenuation bug - where either the attenuation icon doesn't appear or it doesn't disappear. I had an experience bug where my exp pool stopped updating. I was in Superstition Canyon pretending to be a weedwacker for about an hour. I didn't get the attenuation notification (not surprised, it's been happening to a lot of folks), but only noticed about 40 minutes in (hey, I was having fun) that I wasn't gaining experience, either.

OK, fine, I just started a specialization skill. Also, I had the bleasing of acquisition, so perhps I was balancing out? I made a note of my experience pool (3.25mil - most Ive ever had, woo hoo!). I checked again several minutes later - same. Later, same again.

So I recalled and crashed. Another bug that has recently become more common but not relevant here. I logged in again - exp pool was the same. Went to Aerie to sell my stuff. Exp pool was now 960k! Blessing of acquisition is a nasty wench, but we've danced before. There was no way I could have consumed 2.6 million in addition to the bursting fountain of experience that is Superstition Canyon with a full head of steam.

I have no way to test or verify, but is it possible that not only had my experience counter frozen, but also my exprience gain had been blocked?

Has anyone else experienced something like this?

2. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

More information needed here. I wasn't able to find any issues related to the display of pooled xp or with attenuation displaying at the wrong time.

Jason_M likes this.
  3. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Thanks for taking interest. Sorry about the late reply.

I suppose a lot of people can chime in for the displayed attenuation bug. I don't attenuate very often.

(Fortunately) the frozen experience pool display bug hasn't occures again. I haven't done any grinding since then, frankly. It was a big demotivator, but being demotivated from grinding is not really a terrible thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.