Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Siege - incorrect messaging at siege start

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Echondas, Apr 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

04/18/2019 21:02
    Title: Siege cleared itself?
    Reproduction Rate: 1/1
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: Previously I was in a siege and killed most of the siege engineers - but then I died and ran into the summoned pet bug - so I left the siege and went into Rift's End and logged out - a few minutes later I wanted to test another bug, so I logged back in and went into Novia - and then I went into Northwood which was besieged, and decided to enter the siege - when I entered, I saw the pop-up message that The Catapults are Unmanned ... as if the catapults had been cleared automatically? There were no cabalists or liches in the scene. I also checked and there were no other players. Perhaps this is a bug w/ the new anti-respawn measures?
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6800K CPU @ 3.40GHz (12) System RAM: 32678
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8088
    SotA.QA.Win.64.826.Date.04.18.19
    Area: SiegeEncounter_Forest01_Road/Novia_R9_City_Northwood
    Area Display Name: Forest Siege
    Loc: (-40.5, 31.3, -118.0)
    Debug: U2llZ2VFbmNvdW50ZXJfRm9yZXN0MDFfUm9hZHxOb3ZpYV9SOV9DaXR5X05vcnRod29vZHwoLTQwLjU0MywgMzEuMjg1LCAtMTE4LjA0OSl8KDAsIDAuNDM0LCAwLCAwLjkwMSl8NTYuNzEwNjR8MTEuNzY2MTd8Ny43Mjk5OTc=

[​IMG]

Jaesun likes this.
  2. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Sieges are definitely something to test. Cabalists appear based on a semi-random schedule, so that might not be a bug. Also, what is this "anti-respawn measures" that you mentioned?

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

I will go test some but I can tell you this IS a bug and it is not new. It has happened before and still does happen in live in mostly the Unicorn Spawns. I have entered Unicorns Encounters to this day when the first message I receive is "there is a great evil approaching" and unicorns come out. There is somthign wrong with the mechanic that kills off all that is required to activate the "reat evil" this happen a long time ago in many of the encounters and sieges but do not remember when.

It does not have to do with th Random cycles of cabalist, there is a glitch in the Activator for "great evil"

I will go work some sieges and /bug them.

4. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

/bug goes to the live bug forum. Using /devbug goes to the qa bug forum.

5. Echondas

Hey @Lord Subtleton - I logged in again this morning, and went into a fresh siege (Northwood) and again, "The Catapults are unmanned! Great Evil Approaches!" message appeared when I entered. I checked and the catapult flags were still up and siege engineers were spawned - so this is definitely a bug in that regard.

The "anti-respawn measures" was how I phrased something Chris was talking about on his livestream - additional measures/fixes going into place this release to prevent players from accelerating monster respawns by causing scene resets and such. He asked us folks on the stream and testing on QA to be extra vigorous in reporting issues that might be related to that, or ways to circumvent them.

Thanks!

Jaesun likes this.
  6. Lord Subtleton

Any time a player discovers a possible exploit, we ask that he/she please report it via an email to customer service rather than posting the details on the forum. If Chris mentioned an exploit on the livestream, I think it would be fair to send Chris a direct message with any details you might have on that exploit.

For this release, we have addressed some synchronization issues that have long plagued what we internally call "wave spawners". These spawners are used in a number of scenes, especially sieges and encounters. So we're looking for any fallout from these changes. The "Capapults are unmanned" message is generated by a wave spawner, so it's something we will be looking into. Other things to look for would be timing of the waves of mobs.

The second spawner related fix for this release had to do with dead bodies. Previously, the presence of dead bodies was affecting respawn timing in many cases. Now with this fix, respawn timing is independent of the number of dead bodies in the instance. We think this is a good fix, but could have unforeseen consequences.

Echondas likes this.
  7. Lord Subtleton

Issue #64541

Echondas likes this.
  8. Echondas

FYI @Lord Subtleton - today with QA 828 I got "The Siege has been lifted!" message after defeating the catapults - but the cabalists (Indigno) had just spawned, and was quite alive and well.

9. Lord Subtleton

Message timing has been adjusted in build #829. Please repost if this is still an issue.

Echondas likes this.
  10. Echondas

Jaesun likes this.
  11. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Some additional info: Wave battles (including those in sieges and random encounters) got some adjustments mostly to help ensure they are synced for all players. This was a great update to wave battles, but there was some fallout. Pop-up messages and some other wave-based events were happening prematurely. I submitted many-a-fix for these yesterday, and submitted the last of the wave battle fixes today. So, depending on when you're reading this, it's possible some fixes are still waiting to advance to the QA server.

Jaesun and Echondas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.