Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Sieges, No Engineers in Friends Only

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by Diab Blackbow, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

1. Title: No Siege Engineers in friends only mode
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? Yes, can't complete siege or quest in Friends Only
    4. Details: No enemies in Sieges
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Go into a Forest Siege while in Friends Only. Swap to Friends Only from Multiplayer and mobs go away.
    6. User Specs: Windows 10

2. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Did you start in Multiplayer and switch to Friends only when this happened? The steps you listed are confusing.

Lexie likes this.
  3. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

It's also good to know what stage it was in. If someone completed it then it would go away for you as well.

4. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I started a Siege in MP and there were engineers. Swapped to Friends only because a friend said there were no engineers in three of his sieges. When I swapped, all enemy NPCs were gone. Entered a siege in Friends Only and there were no Engineers.

5. Lexie

I am not able to repro this. In friends only, I see engineers. I had switched from MP. I will keep an eye out for more reports in this thread :)

FrostII likes this.
  6. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

I loaded into a forest siege in Friends only (Ardoris), no spawns at all.
    Edit: node spawns are active, switched to Multiplayer and the mob spawns were active.

7. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Thank you. I love me some Sieges.

8. Lexie

I was in a Forest Siege as well. Curious if you see it in Hill Sieges now...
    Very weird....when you say nothing spawned, you don't see any NPCs? I could see them all: friendly NPCs, all the mobs that fight in the middle, and the engies.

FrostII likes this.
  9. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I saw only the friendly NPCs. I only logged in for an hour after patch. The Sieges I checked were on the Hidden Vale while I believe my friend was in Jaanaford. I will check others tonight.

10. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

I went into a forest seige at Aerie. Instead of running straight out I decided to run around the scene. I was in Friends Only when I went in.

So first I ran to the Mercenary Camp using the safe route. (Turn left when you enter the scene.) From the entry to the camp I didn't run into any mobs. So I figured I'd explore. I went to the third catapult then the second then the one closest to the entrance.

Nothing was happening. There weren't any mobs anywhere. The catapults were intact, but they weren't firing. But I think the mercs were runners ng around. So I went to the gate near that first catapult. Could just be a coincidence, but when I opened that gate near me to head into the battlefield area, everything spawned. The catapults started firing. And suddenly I had 8 wizards all shooting at me.

11. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I did a couple of more Forest Sieges. It seems like they are just super delayed on spawning. I ran around one for a while and they didn't seem to spawn until I opened a gate.

Lexie likes this.
  12. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

Hill Top siege seemed okay.

13. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

@Lexie I entered the siege on Kiln (because it always seems to be under siege and was in friends mode and from the world map. Nothing spawned so I ran to the opposite side of the map (flute/sprint/dash) as quick as possible. Went into the "dark zone" of the exit but didn't leave the siege. Turned around and checked and everything spawned as I came back into the siege. Perhaps the spawning trigger from the overland side of the map is borked?

So to test this further I then exited back to the map and switched modes. I re-entered the ever-present Kiln siege and nothing had spawned in the multi-instance so I again ran straight to the other side and 1/2 way I started running backwards and when I was just past the friendly camp near the other exit things started to spawn... so they weren't super delayed for me as it seems the spawn trigger is... missing on the world entrance/exit?

I couldn't leave it alone and when I logged off and back on about 15 minutes later naturally Kiln was still under siege. I was in multi-mode and entered from the world side. Zero enemies visible. So I turned left and took the easy route, pausing for about 15 seconds every so often to see if things spawned, nothing. Backtracked on friendly path to world-side entrance. I then move through the flaming path (center) continuing my move/pause pattern and when I arrived just past the flaming path with the spike-salute tunnel... it all got real fast... err well you know, things spawned. Doing it this way it was about 5 minutes of putzing around but I don't think it's a delay as much as the scene "recognizing" the Avatar's presence??? oh well, i must go to work...

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  14. Diminio

Diminio Avatar

When you enter you have to start the event off.

To do this you walk towards the centre and the mobs spawn and then the siege guys spawn. Works the same every siege for me.

15. Sentinel

Sentinel Avatar

I have never entered any siege where NPC's weren't immediately visible. Certainly I haven't been able to walk throughout the scene with no mobs as the OP describes. Maybe, somehow it's related to his hardware but it's worth major investigation by the devs.

16. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

The missing mobs upon entry is definitely new with this release. I think the proximity sensor on the world entry/exit is borked. The cabalists might have neglected to pay their security monitoring bill...

17. Lexie

I came here to say this. I eventually could repro last night and noticed they WILL spawn. But it is delayed and clearly bugged.

Seems interacting with something can possibly do it (a gate, or a ladder, in my case). This doesn't have a 100% repro rate.
    Bug submitted: 49063

bigta1982 likes this.
  18. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

@Lexie, I didn't interact with anything and they only spawned when I passed through the flaming path.

19. Scrambler

Scrambler Developer Emeritus

Think we have the fix in place for the next build Monday. I found two bugs with this, one was a new issue with this release. Thanks.

bigta1982 likes this.
  20. Ameresta Trilon

Ameresta Trilon Avatar

Lexie and Scrambler like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.