1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Skewer skill results not correct

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Aldo, Jan 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

01/11/2021 10:11
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: Always
    Blocker? No
    Details: Pole arm skill tree, Skewer. At 131 skill level, 115.5% chance to immobilize for 20.9 seconds. Actual immobilization time is 15 seconds.
    Steps to Reproduce: At 131 skill, use the skewer and see 15 second immobilize.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32670
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1333.Date.01.10.21
    Area: Novia_R3_Hills02_01
    Area Display Name: Spectral Peaks
    Loc: (196.6, 58.9, -2.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjNfSGlsbHMwMl8wMXx8KDE5Ni41OCwgNTguODkyLCAtMi40ODQpfCgwLCAtMC42NzIsIDAsIDAuNzQpfDYzNC44NTI5fDEwLjkwNzU4fDQuNjUzNTM1

2. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Update: Tested on practice dummy and time is correct there. My experience, measured many times against Kovald brawler is that the first swing always delivers 15 seconds. Consecutive swings are some where between 15 and 21 seconds in effect.

3. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Aldo Guessing you are gauging the time based on the debuff icon that shows on the mob? Are you polearm spec'd? Are you using any gear that extends the immobilize? Are you stacking or charging the skill at all?

If the timing is correct on the practice dummy - perhaps the mob(s) you are testing against have some resistance to immobilize that isn't reflected in the skill descriptions?

4. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Yep, that's why I went home to test. I am GM+ spec, Polearm 152, Skewer 131, fighting brawlers. First strike is always 15 seconds, second third and on hard to determine since prior hits may have some effect left and I don't know if the duration stacks. All are single hits, no charging as I am in auto attack mode. This is the first day that I have had brawlers break the stun early, and that's what got me to write this. Of course there is no doc to see if the duration stacks on repeated hits so hard to characterize if there is a problem at all. Believe me I have a lot of experience against the brawlers and today is definitely a marked change in effectiveness. I know of nothing except a change in mob resistance that may be causing this. For what its worth, thought it would be worth a look, especially since it comes shortly after a new patch.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    Echondas likes this.
  5. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

I didn't observe additional hits stacking the effect (adding it again).. but I didn't look to see if it was overwriting the original with a new duration or if the same, resetting the timer..

I just tested and it looks like subsequent hits will reset the timer to the higher value.. ex:
    A 6 stack is giving me 35 seconds. Another 6 stack again resets the timer to 35 seconds. A 5 stack won't add additional time to the 35 seconds but if the original 35 seconds has dipped below what a 5 stack would do (I think it was 30 seconds), the timer is rolled up.. so 28 seconds remaining becomes 30 seconds.

Everything seems to be working OK with this as far as I can tell. My guess is those brawlers (and other mobs) have some resistances to being rooted .. whereas the practice dummy has none.. so that's why the timing doesn't match from the dummy to real mobs.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    Anpu and Aldo like this.
  6. Turk Key

Turk Key Avatar

Thanks.

Echondas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.