1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Skill Loss or Gain: The skill responds as neutral regardless of arrow direction

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Woodsmen, Sep 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodsmen

Woodsmen Avatar

Reproduction Rate: Unknown, as it would take a very long time to reproduce

Blocker? No, but archery skill increases may be affected.

Details: I was on the archer skill tree. I have gotten the required 80 Range, and immediately trained Ranged Specialization. This was when I could no longer drain or add XP to Range. I have left a screenshot **

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Achieve level 80 Range, immediately talk to the Master Archery Trainer in Soltown.
    2. Train Archery Specialization.
    3. Note that the Range innate skill will stay the same, regardless of subsequent training on the archery targets, wither the skill has a red or green arrow selected.

User Specs: Mac OS Version 10.14.6 Mojave. Game version 81

2. Toular

Toular Avatar

I believe the "problem" here is that Range increases very slowly at 80+. My Range skill is at 93 and only get a skill gain a bit more than once per month. Admittedly I don't actively work on raising it, but through the 70's I was getting 3-4 level gains per month. I hit 93 only a couple of weeks ago and now I'm close to hitting 94 now - apparently shooting at Massive Crocodiles in Tanglemire raises it faster.

3. Woodsmen

Woodsmen Avatar

Ah, yes, I was going to mention this the other night. I am aware of a very slow raise after one hits level 80 on Range. However, what I was concerned about is that I was draining XP from it and it would only drain to 80 and then get "stuck". I have noted too that other archery innate skills have stalled at 40 XP and will not drain further down, while Combat Archery, or whatever the first skill in the archery tree is called, will drain down to 1 XP, if I wanted. I just noticed that this may not be a "problem" with the draining and perhaps it is designed that way - to only allow a certain amount of XP to drain out of an innate skill. Any experience in this? Thanks for the comment thus far - that makes a lot of sense and is helpful... because I too have experienced huge differences in gains from 79 to 80. It's the loss of XP, or the red drain arrow that I concerned about. Just making sure it is a normal thing for several innate skills to be stalling out completely from further draining at 40 (and Range at 80)

Again, you are likely correct in that it is draining very slowly too at level 80, but I am not seeing any XP flowing out after a stall at 40 or 80, depending on the innate skill. Thanks!

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

you cannot learn spec until you get to 80 in the skill above, so once you learn it you cannot drop the skill above it below the requirement for spec. this is why most things in the tree can't get below 40.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
  5. Woodsmen

Woodsmen Avatar

Ahh, there it is. Problem solved. So, this wasn't a bug, after all, and just my newbie misunderstanding. Many thanks Alley Oop and Toular, for the support. I can now game with confidence.

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.