Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Toggle Cursor Mode is Broken after release 65

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by NOM4D, May 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NOM4D

NOM4D Avatar

1. Title: Toggle Cursor Mode is Broken after Release 65 ?
    2. Reproduction Rate: Every time I cast a skill or do an action it disengages Toggle cursor mode (Action Mode) The cross hair disappears and the cursor pops up in combat. I am currently forced to Hold down right mouse button to look and this is very hard on the hands. Please fix this ASAP its game breaking for many players that play in Action mode.
    3. Blocker? Yes the Toggle cursor doesn't work after using a skill or an action like mining a node. It worked previously to release 65 with no issue. Also toggles after drawing your weapon forcing you to toggle again to re engage action mode.
    4. Details: Toggle Cursor Not working correctly after Release 65.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Assign Toggle Cursor to a hot key. Press corresponding Hot key to toggle cursor off and enter action mode. Cast a skill or buff on yourself while in combat and with action mode on. Notice that your action mode is now toggled while in combat and you now are in cursor mode. This doesn't happen every time I reproduce its random when it toggles. But is definitely broken after release 65. I was in ruined Keep last night and this happened multiple times during combat when casting Glancing Blow, Fortify Defenses & Dash on myself. It also toggles off when you Sheathe/Draw your weapon. I have also noticed my action mode toggled to cursor mode while I am just standing still with weapon drawn. Then look up to see that my cursor is out and have to re toggle it.
    6. User Specs:
      OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
      Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
      OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
      System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
      System Model Z270X-Ultra Gaming
      System Type x64-based PC
      GPU Nvidia GTX 1080 8G
      Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
      RAM 16G G-Skill RGB Trident-Z

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  2. Chesterello

Chesterello Avatar

3. Taki

Taki Avatar

I had this problem when closing containers I had opened from my inventory. I reset all my Norm and Alt keybindings to default and the problem went away. Hope this helps.

4. Chesterello

Chesterello Avatar

How to reset control settings?

5. Taki

Taki Avatar

Options > Controls > Scroll down to Keybindings. Directly above the two columns of keyboard commands are two buttons; Reset (Norm) and Reset (Alt). Press those and your keybindings will revert to program default.

Oops. It seems that you either rest Norm OR Alt, not both. Pressing Reset (Norm) sets keybindings to default. And pressing Reset (Alt) sets keybindings to an alternate default.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  6. NOM4D

NOM4D Avatar

I have tried this along with many other suggested fixes with no success. The game is basically unplayable for me right now. I get frequent cursor issues no matter what mode I am playing in. Just went to UT I think my cursor toggled like 50 times during the 25 mins run. I use normal mode the cross hair pops up. I use action mode the cursor pops up...It pops up so many times I am having a hard time figuring out what is triggering it. I am so close to losing my **** here...Comon devs issue a fix and stop telling us you cannot reproduce, and its fixed when its not fixed!!! Clearly there is an issue effecting many players here. prior to R65 I had no issue. I am willing to say its not me...This is a game bug and should be a priority... as its game breaking!!!

Chesterello likes this.
  7. Chesterello

Chesterello Avatar

not help (

8. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

simply talking to a npc where your cursor wont even move anymore,, combat where you loose <free look> . i tough my mouse was broken at one point. unplug my xbox controler, unplug my usb port, to find this is a ingame bug,, thx but no thx,, see you around!!!

* Post been edited by moderator.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.