1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Live Game Server issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugsā€¦ QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /bug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] View Locked - Can't Play

Discussion in '*** Bug Report Archive (After R75) ***' started by Zurthock, Apr 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zurthock

Zurthock Avatar

04/23/2020 06:09
    Title: Mouse View Locked by default and locking up on loots and purchases
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes, can't play anymore
    Details:
    Since yesterday, April 22nd I can't play the game anymore. I was playing and suddenly, for no reason that I know of, the view got locked and since then, whenever I log into a scene for the first time, the cursor, instead of being an arrow, it's a white X and the view is locked: meaning the camera moves when I move the mouse without me having to hold down the right mouse button (I have no ways to click on anything on the screen). Also, when I'm in this locked state, when I move the camera on a player, the white X becomes a green or blue circle with vertical lines all around it, like a sun. The only way for me to get back the control of the cursor, thus allowing me to click anywhere on the screen (skills for example) is when I actually interact with a NPC. Furthermore, as soon as I buy something from an NPC or loot something from a creature, I instantly go back into this locked state, until I find another NPC to interact with.

-I'm using Steam
    -I have re-installed the game
    -Re-installed my iCUE software for my Corsair SCIMTAR PRO mouse
    -Tried without iCUE software
    -Reset all key bindings to default

Steps to Reproduce: I don't know how it happen, it just happened suddenly, the screen was locked
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16259
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.1182.Date.04.21.20
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_02_template/Reed's Glen
    Area Display Name: Reed's Glen
    Loc: (141.2, 41.2, -73.0)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAyX3RlbXBsYXRlfFJlZWQncyBHbGVufCgxNDEuMjQzLCA0MS4yMTcsIC03Mi45NjIpfCgwLCAtMC45NywgMCwgLTAuMjQzKXwyNzYuNTg5OHwyMC44MjI1OXwxMC42MDk5OQ==

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

if you can press escape, does that give you the menu? try going to controls and checking "hold curstor toggle" isnt set.. also check your keubpard layout stuff in case a key is mapped for toggle cursor (I cant remember but I think it used to be tab at one point)

3. Zurthock

Zurthock Avatar

Hi,

Thanks for replying. It was a combination of options that was locking up my view. The fix is to:

1- Uncheck "use mouse to move"
    2-Toggle Cursor

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.