Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resonded] Login to Insta-Death Penalty

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Jaanelle DeJure, Nov 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

11/16/2017 2:46 PM
    Title: Login to Insta-Death Penalty
    Reproduction Rate: ? heard some reports of people logging in and falling through basements, etc.
    Blocker? no
    Details: Logged in to immediately falling and dying. Unfortunately, Jaan is also in a relatively inaccessible position and nobody is near to rez hear. So had the full amount of the death penalty applied.

Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16275
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPU RAM: 6084
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.693.Date.11.15.17
    Area: Novia_R6_Hills04_01
    Area Display Name: Highvale Outskirts
    Loc: (-227.6, 25.0, -260.1)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjZfSGlsbHMwNF8wMXx8KC0yMjcuNTYxLCAyNC45ODMsIC0yNjAuMTMyKXwoMCwgLTAuMjEsIDAsIDAuOTc4KXwyNjEuNzYyNXwyOS44MjM3M3wxLjQ4OTk5OQ==

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Have you tried this workaround from the known issues list yet, by chance? For those that had falling terrain issues on Windows 10 in the prior release, this did help a bit.
    @Jaanelle DeJure

1. When using Windows 10 to play Shroud of the Avatar, some users are experiencing intermittent sound hitching and terrain glitches. A potential workaround that sometimes helps when experiencing these issues is to run the game in Windows 8 compatibility mode. Instructions for running SotA in Windows 8 compatibility mode are below.
    1. Use Windows Explorer to navigate to your installation directory and find the "Shroud of the Avatar.exe" file.
    1. If you are playing through the launcher, the default location is either C:\Program Files (x86)\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar.exe or C:\Program Files\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar.exe.
    2. If you are playing through Steam, the default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\SotA\Shroud of the Avatar.exe.
    1. Right-click your "Shroud of the Avatar.exe" file and select the “Properties” option.
    2. In the “Properties” window, select the Compatibility tab.
    3. In the Compatability tab, check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select “Windows 8” from the dropdown menu.
    4. Click “OK” at the bottom of the “Properties” window.
    5. When you next run the game, it will be running in compatibility mode.

3. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Hi @Lexie - No I have not tried that. However I haven't previously been having any issues whatsoever running on Windows 10, despite the known issues.

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Jaanelle DeJure
    I mention it because I have observed that even if you didn't need to use it before, it seemingly is something that can help now (I'm in that same category as you, I didn't need to use it before either.)
    BUT before you do anything else on this matter, you may want to wait until the next patch is released. We now think that this issue may be tied to the current specific build number: I can repro on live, but not on the next build.

And I am sorry for the problems, truly. This is one of those that surely leads to frustration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.