Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Respawn changes in mines

Discussion in 'Release 37 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Rosemourne, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

Considering that most (if not all?) mines are solo / party instances. Are the experimental changes affecting spawn rates of mine shafts? If so, you've effectively reduced all mining by 1/8. Was this intended?

For the most part, all ore is about to see a very, very drastic decrease in supply.

EDIT: So with some basic testing rates of copper and silver in my favourite mines, even while the game is set to Multiplayer Online due to mines being Solo / Party only, have gone from ~150 each an hour to ~24 each an hour. About 1/6 what they used to be for me.

Portalarium, please reconsider this change. I understand you want to push players into Multiplayer, but mineshafts are limited to solo / party and this change means the only player that could maintain their current, normal farming rate is the player who has 7 other accounts, parties with them, and has them sit in the corner.

Additionally, switching mines to Multiplayer capable is not a solution to this. Mines are small and no where near as plentiful as other resource farming sites. Miners can not simply decide that this silver mine is full and move to another zone to have less competition for resources.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
    Arc, discipleofweb, Chatele and 5 others like this.
  2. zyxe

zyxe Avatar

Agreed, I'm testing mining right now and am having a rough time at it. Granted, I'm in Owl's Nest and that already took a severe hit last patch (I would have been quite happy keeping it the same as R35 but having wolves respawn halfway through clearing a room as long as it still had ALL the nodes it used to), but I'm having difficulty finding a decent place to mine that's two skull or lower. I don't want a cake walk, but mining has become a complete chore with lack of node spawn or constant mob spawn interruption.

Chatele and Nhili Dragon like this.
  3. Anna

Anna Avatar

I tested Verdantis in single player mode. Took about an hour for nodes to reappear, about 35 minutes for mobs to reappear. So, for my 35 minute run to clear Verdantis and mine all nodes (including crystals which I usually don't bother with), I got 22 copper, 27 silver and about 600 gold worth of gems and fragments. Since the nodes did not reappear till somewhere between 45 minutes and an hour, well, it looks like 1.3 masterwork attempts per hour on the silver and about 11 or 12 copper ingots per hour (using metal scrap). Just why would I do that? Metal armor is dead. Long live metal armor. I had to leave the mine to get the mobs to reappear, but even logging out to the overland map did not bring the nodes back within 45 minutes.

Nhili Dragon, Robros Reh and zyxe like this.
  4. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

I just completed the same circuit, with similar results (23 copper, 26 silver). Nodes did not respawn in the 45 minutes I had to play. Still ignoring crystals I can mine the shaft completely in about 20 minutes, then leave to find another mineshaft. However, that's more of a pain than I'm going to bother with. Mining is what I do right now. It's how I enjoy the game. I mine resources to make armour and weapons to give away to new players. I'm not going to do that if it takes me 7 hours (79 ingots / 11 earned per hour) to give a single, non-enchanted, non-masterworked piece of plain iron or copper gear to a new player.

Robros Reh, K1000, zyxe and 1 other person like this.
  5. amarious

amarious Avatar

I could see them leaving the re-spawn rate in solo/party the same and just maybe double or triple the amount in multiplayer online. 1/8 is really harsh.

6. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

If this change goes in and this is how it's intended, I guess we know what everyone is going to be doing this week *sighs*. I have no problem with moving around various zones for resources, but mining we are very limited (until there are more mines). @DarkStarr any feedback on this if this rate in mines is intended?

K1000 likes this.
  7. GrayFog

GrayFog Avatar

ok i will never mine again if the respawn of nodes will be down to 1/8 lol.

Nhili Dragon likes this.
  8. Terrence Phillip

Terrence Phillip Avatar

That s actually a good idea amarious as it would encourage more players to go multiplayer online without punishing those who want the SPO experience. The problem with drastically reducing the respawn rate is that crafting still requires an insane amount of materials. It will be impossible for a casual (or even a dedicated gamer) to craft anything by himself, unless using workarounds or spending a ton of real life cash.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  9. Nhili Dragon

Nhili Dragon Avatar

I will not be forced into mutiplayer online and have spent all the real life cash I can afford at this time buying what I have. I feel I would rather have a game with a monthly fee.

K1000 likes this.
  10. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

At the moment I sell ore, but I also need some for my own use in enchantment. however with this new change I fail to see how it will be possible to have enough to enchant my weapons/armor and sell at the same time.. in fact from what the others report selling would be out of the question... I would be far better off keeping the ore and farming anything/everything else.

Nhili Dragon likes this.
  11. Thunderchunk

Thunderchunk Avatar

Please keep it at 1/8 respawn for Solo/Single and make everyone else quit mining. Pretty easy for me to control the market then. Thanks Devs.

12. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

1/8 Respawn Rate Experiment has been pulled for review.

Chris:
    "Heads up, we're pulling this change for at least R37 until we can do more review on scene spawning and player counts. Possibly back in R38 if we feel it still makes sense."

Nhili Dragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.