Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Respawn Timers

Discussion in 'Release 26 Bug Forum' started by bushwhacker2k, Feb 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k Avatar

I've been under the impression it was normal to have a respawn timer begin after something dies, rather than before.

It's pretty tedious to mow down 5 enemies then as soon as I'm done looting/skinning one it respawns 5 feet away and interrupts my harvesting of its friends.

I need enemies to stay dead long enough for me to properly loot and then leave if I so choose. This isn't a completely different enemy sneaking up on my business- this is the same enemy that I just killed jumping me immediately after it dies.

EDIT: Wasn't sure where to post this, but it seems to fit in 'Combat'.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for the feedback, however we're going to need more specific details to be able to handle this issue. All spawners are typically treated independently of one another with varying settings for issues like spawn timers. The next time you see this occur, you can use the /bug command in game which will copy useful information to your clipboard which you can paste here to help us better investigate and resolve the issue. Let us know the scene name, NPCs you observed doing this behavior, and include coordinate data through that chat command.

Thanks for reporting!

3. bushwhacker2k

bushwhacker2k Avatar

I see, thank for the response.

This will take some doing, there are no shortage of auto-spawn mobs. Should I post each of them independently or in a single thread?

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Each individually if you wouldn't mind (sorry for the late response. Lots to do for R27). As convenient as a single megathread might be, it's easier for those to get buried and for individual cases to fall through the cracks. Since I'll be writing up separate tickets for each instance it's observed, it makes sense to respond and resolve each independent thread.

Thanks Bushwhacker!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.