Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] 526 - Feedback on Malice

Discussion in 'Release 44 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by Jens_T, Jul 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

This is not the first thread on Malice difficulty.
    Still I want to add - with AL63 Mage Malice seems impossible unless the undead spawn is better distributed / arranged.
    Getting through the red spiders is not a big deal, the first undead room however was frustrating. I was greeted by three hardened skeleton mages and two footmen. I did not find a way to lure the skeletons out, one by one, and with three mages I couldn't kite and take them out one after another.

Compared to the other two paths this is very dis-encouraging. Having Samael help only would work if he is much stronger than the Avatar (he's not supposed to die and still should be able to support/tank) which doesn't fit the scenario.
    Perhaps my build is not ideal and AL63 is not "high" enough but with all other paths done, several months of casual play invested and most "Quests" done I probably represent an average gamer who should have a good chance to make it.

The solution IMO is to control the spawn better or make it clear that only the most hardened Avatars should try it (and that there is no time running to free Sequanna).
    Relying on Avatars luring mobs away and dying in the process multiple times (we're immortal, aren't we) until the rooms are cleared is not what I'd consider smart design.

Hornpipe, discipleofweb and Chatele like this.
  2. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We definitely need to do a balance pass on Malice, agreed

3. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

If I may, a lot of the added difficulty is a result of mages being far more dangerous than they were previously. If you limited any given group of nasties to a single mage and make up the difference in footmen/archers I think that would go a long way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.