Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded]a new glyph cancels charging locked glyphs, IF you have a stack of that skill already

Discussion in 'Release 45 Bug Forum' started by Armeleon Vesaz, Sep 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

9/16/2017 11:39 AM
    Title: Getting a new glyph cancels charging locked glyphs, IF you have any glyphs stacked
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details:
    I know stacking glyphs is considered an action that by design cancels charging a locked glyph. But here's the inconsistency:

If you don't have anything stacked you can charge a locked glyph and get new glyphs to empty hot bar slots without the charging being disrupted. You can also get other skills to your empty hot bar slots without disruption.

BUT if you have a single stack done before you start charging, getting a new glyph of the same skill to an empty hot bar slot disrupts the charge.

Both scenarios usually occur when changing deck or activating combat, quite often you'd want to fill your empty hot bar slots while charging a buff-type spell of some sort.

I can repro this in combat and out of combat.

(It's ofc possible this is by design, but I posted as a bug since I cant conceive of any reason why this would work like this)

Steps to Reproduce:
    Change to combat -> Stack once -> start charging a locked glyph -> getting a new glyph of the stacked skill disrupts the charge
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8) System RAM: 32692
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8071
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.660.Date.09.12.17
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Novia Market
    Area Display Name: Novia Market
    Loc: (68.7, 38.0, 230.7)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfE5vdmlhIE1hcmtldHwoNjguNzMyLCAzOC4wMzQsIDIzMC43NDEpfCgwLCAwLCAwLCAxKXwtMzU3Ljk2NjN8MzAuODAxODJ8MTcuNzY=

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Armeleon Vesaz
    I think it not working as a power stack IF it pops up in another unlocked slot is by design. The idea being you shouldn't get more than 5 glyphs of anything at one time for balancing concerns. Right now it is something we just all have to consider while deck building: if you want to power stack something at any given moment, don't have it set pop up in another slot. Right now someone may want to keep it locked but not use it as a stack at all, while having it pop up in other slots. And that's fine too.

We have several bugs open for this system (in general) and this was discussed on one of them for review. Perhaps if it only auto stacks up to a certain amount depending on where else it shows up on the deck, totaling no more than 5. That may be tricky to design, but I honestly have no idea at this point, not knowing the back end design of it.

We shall see how it goes :)

Rentier likes this.
  3. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

@Lexie
    I think we're talking about different things here. In my scenario, which I still believe to be a bug, the skill I charge and the skill that I'm stacking (and then cancels the charge for simply getting a new glyph of the stacked kind) are different skills. In my case this is usually charging Immolation (locked) and then stacking any of the "free" skills that I have in my deck. So maximum of 5 glyphs per deck should not be an issue here.

(Sorry, not my native language and quite a complex thing to describe in writing)

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Armeleon Vesaz
    It's okay, I think it just shows how in-depth our game is (which is a good thing!) but misunderstandings can arise in a forum setting, like you stated. Especially when mechanics are being described - sorry about that.
    Okay, so different skills. Soon as I think I know what you mean, I think it might be something else...

Would it be possible I could get some video of what you are seeing in action? I'm sorry. I do not understand - and it's not your English, which is EXCELLENT!

5. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

@Lexie

Here you go. As you can't see what I'm doing with the buttons, heres a little run trough of what's happening in the video:

1st demo:
    0:06 I stack fire ball once
    0:07 I start charging Immolation (locked) and it is interrupted almost immediately as I get another fire ball glyph to an empty slot (I don't stack this new glyph or do anything else besides hold Immolation charge)

2nd demo:
    0:20 I stack ring of fire once
    0:21 I start charging Immolation (locked) and it is interrupted almost immediately as I get another ring of fire glyph to an empty slot (I don't stack this new glyph or do anything else besides hold Immolation charge)

3rd demo:
    no bug here, as I don't stack anything

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.