Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] ALT button only bindable with other keys & freezes avatar

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Bambino, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

1. Title: ALT button only bindable with other keys & freezes avatar
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: ALT button only bindable with other keys. It cannot be binded by itself. It also makes your avatar stop in place even when not binded with any actions.
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    • Try to bind the ALT key without using it in conjunction with another key. (ALT button only bindable with other keys )
    • Unbind the ALT key from all actions then press it and try to move. (Freezes avatar)
    It would be intuitive to allow it to be bindable to any action. I consistently find myself trying to use the alt button to look over my shoulder while I run. Instead, it make me stop dead my tracks. It would be pragmatic for the ALT key to allow your avatar to look around while moving instead of you having to turn your avatars entire body around to look around.

If the response is, "This is by design." Then at least give an option to disable the ALT key from making your avatar freeze. Having to disable the ALT key entirely through keyboard/windows settings or the windows registry seems wasteful.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Bambino
    Yes, this is true. The alt key cannot be bind by itself. It is currently designed to be a modifier only. It causes other issues and complications when it isn't set up that way.
    With that said, we have an improvement task that is open (not yet completed) what would change this so it can be used for other things and not just a modifier key. #: is 20454. It is one of the many things our UI guy has on his plate for a future release. This alone would fix the avatar stopping in its tracked when used.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.