Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Awfully slow respawn of ore in Etceter Crag Mines

Discussion in 'Crafting, Harvesting, Salvage, & Agriculture' started by Summer Breeze, Oct 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze Avatar

10/27/2018 16:06
    Title: Awfully slow respawn of ore in Etceter Crag Mines
    Reproduction Rate: 2/2
    Blocker?
    Technically not, but it is for me.

Details:
    I was going about my normal circuit in Etceter Crag Mines (lowest level and part of the level above), but found only a few ore had respawned on the rounds after the first clear. I logged out for a bit and logged back in to a new instance, only to find it behaved exactly the same.
    This is vastly different from my experience last week, when the mines had plenty of respawned ore on my rounds.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Clear Etceter Crag Mines (2 rooms next to the undead boss and lowest level) and try to find respawned ore in the area after.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16324
    GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series GPU RAM: 8168
    SotA.Win.64.853.Date.10.25.18
    Area: Novia_R2_Hills01_EtceterCragMines/Mines01
    Area Display Name: Etceter Crag Mines
    Loc: (53.0, -80.0, -26.7)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjJfSGlsbHMwMV9FdGNldGVyQ3JhZ01pbmVzfE1pbmVzMDF8KDUzLjAwNCwgLTc5Ljk5MSwgLTI2LjY4Myl8KDAsIC0wLjQ3LCAwLCAwLjg4Myl8MTIwLjc4Nzd8MjAuODczMTN8NC42MDE2MTM=

amarious likes this.
  2. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Thanks for the post. Resources spawn in a somewhat random pattern. It's possible that if you aren't seeing resources in an area that you have mined, try searching in another area of the mine. Just in case there was a bug, I did check the live-service stats and was able to verify that mine output is at normal levels. (for etceter and other mines)

3. Steevodeevo

Steevodeevo Avatar

I also mined there last night and it wasn't too bad, that is relative to the recent respawn changes. Prior to the changes the lower area lava gold room respawn rate was such that once you finished a loop from the entrance to the crystal room, the entire room had respawed. Now you have to wait a while at the end of your loop, maybe 5mins or so, for the respawn to start.

If all the fire elementals are dead and don't respawn, then your choices are hang around or play daredevil jumping from rock to Rick over the lava to amuse yourself. It isn't really worth backtracking up a level to see if the hidden rooms have respawed as this takes longer than awaiting the lava room respawn.

Anyway, what I wanted to add @Lord Subtleton just for flavour and context is that you can't really make the mistake in Crag Mines of missing a relocated random spawn, unless you mean that the spawns in the rooms behind the hidden walls on the upper levels influence the lava room spawn? It would be useful to know if this were the case.

Ore is hard to miss in Crag mines. You enter, drop a level down the ladder and work your way through the hidden rooms, down a level again, same process. Collect keys, collect occasional ore in passageways, kill ghosts and skellies, kill boss, mine boss room, drop again, until you get to the lava room. It pretty much runs on rails and all hidden walls are marked.

I had assumed the lava room respawn was self contained as it's on its own level. The room is small and quite open and ore is virtually impossible to miss. I struggle to see how variability plays a factor in yield for this specific mine and room.

amarious, Tila Tenderfoot and Rentier like this.
  4. Summer Breeze

Summer Breeze Avatar

Tried again, expanding my route to include all of the rooms behind the secret walls on the level above the lava room.
    And I still get rounds with just ONE ore vein in each of these rooms, no veins in the passageways AND an empty lava room...

Instead of finding the gold ore I'm inthere for, I end up having to fight more ghosts and skeletons.
    And tons of "Etceter Crag Mines to Quel Passage Key"s, as the Forsaken Hewer keeps respawning.

Mining is already tedious. Why aggravate it with this awful respawn timer/pattern?

amarious likes this.
  5. amarious

amarious Avatar

Well, I went back to Graph Gem Mines and was getting 20 ore every 16 minutes. So..I decided to go and check out Etceter Crag Mines. I went there and it respawned beautifully. Ghosts and skeles to kill, gold and iron ore, it kept me busy and I was super happy.

I logged to go make dinner and came back to mine some more. Made my route and mined all there was to mine and then I waited for it to respawn to find that...it wasn't going to respawn and it never did. So now I am waiting outside of the mine to go back in and give it another shot.

My guildmates are low on gold ore to make armor for the abundant of new players there were getting in. I had planned on donating a good chunk (about 1k) to the cause but I'm starting to get really frustrated. The only good mines in my opinion right now are Spectral Mines and Elysium as they respawn at a fair rate, albeit rather slow still.

If this is the intended change then we're going to have problems keeping up with gearing up new players that come into our guild.

35 minutes later: Respawn is back to normal, slow..but I guess the new normal.

3 hours later... I've had slow but consistent respawn rate. I'm ok with it.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    Rentier likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.