Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Blocker in love quest line

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by Mac2, Sep 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

After entering the crypt of the avatar and speaking with eris and miles, the quest to talk to samael came up, but speaking to him does not initiate the proper conversation and go to the next part of the quest to meet him in brookside.

Alley Oop likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

conversations there were just edited in 1035. @Sannio!

(@Mac2, this should have been in critical section.)

Mac2 likes this.
  3. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

Thanks for the report! Issue #65637

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Sannio

I'm poking into this report but don't think I changed anything in this regard. @Mac2 , when you are in the Crypt of the Avatar and Samael has agreed to follow you...

You're supposed to mention "Malice" to Miles and then say "hello" to Samael to get the "Meet Samael in Brookside" task. I think maybe you didn't yet ask Miles about Malice? Let me know if saying Malice to Miles puts you back on track, please.

5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I did ask miles about malice, and afterwards the quest did advance to the speak to samael, its just samael is not giving the proper conversation. I have done this quest 22 times, never had a problem before. Its likes hes giving me the conversation for necropolis. Give me a bit and ill log that toon on and get you a conversation that leads me to think that.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

This is what he is saying. "Samael: Let us make haste. Tell me when you are ready and I will follow you down further into these ruins. There is much you will find of interest.
    [9/5/2019 6:01:12 PM]
    [9/5/2019 6:01:15 PM] [6:01 PM] Maca Roni: hello
    [9/5/2019 6:01:15 PM] [6:01 PM] Samael: Let us make haste. Tell me when you are ready and I will follow you down further into these ruins. There is much you will find of interest.
    [9/5/2019 6:01:15 PM]
    [9/5/2019 6:01:17 PM] [6:01 PM] Maca Roni: job
    [9/5/2019 6:01:17 PM] [6:01 PM] Samael: Seriously? We're traveling through Necropolis and you don't remember what you're paying me for? Have fun talking to the spirits without my help.
    [9/5/2019 6:01:17 PM]
    [9/5/2019 6:01:18 PM] [6:01 PM] Maca Roni: Necropolis
    [9/5/2019 6:01:18 PM] [6:01 PM] Samael: This place is known only as the Necropolis; the City of the Dead. It is the refuge of the restless souls. The gates are barred to those who have not paid the price."

Those are from keywords in his conversation.

I have tried all different things, even tried to fire and rehire him, tried hiring kardan the other spirit talker, waited for instance to reset, I have tried everything I could think of.

@Sannio

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    Jaesun likes this.
  7. Sannio

That's great info. I think you're right. Samael has a small handful of interconnected conversation parts and one connection is now pointing to his common responses for the Necropolis in stead of Midras. I'm not sure how this changed, but I'll put in a fix. Also, thanks for the list of responses! Very helpful!

Jaesun and Mac2 like this.
  8. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

No problem, and like I said, I have done these quests 22 times and never had an issue. I am remaking the videos for them to help others cuz they often bug report things that are not a bug and take so much dev time to look up, I try and visit the bug forums and anything I find that is not a bug, I try and correct them so you devs can focus on real bugs. Not to say I am innocent of reporting something as a bug that was not. It happens.

Jaesun and Sannio like this.
  9. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I went and tested again today and the conversation changed to the right one and I was able to pass that part now.

Jaesun likes this.
  10. Sannio

Thanks for the update and I'm glad the fix worked!

Jaesun and Mac2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.