Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Blood river outskirts - cannot collect wine bottles (or brass monkeys)

Discussion in 'Release 44 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Rinaldi, Jul 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

7/21/2017 11:42 PM
    Title: Blood river outskirts - cannot collect wine bottles (or brass monkeys) & error on wine bottle delivery
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? no
    Details:
    Issue #1: I obtained the quest from the Vincinius in the Elf village, but could not pick up the blue tinted wine bottles. When I hover over the bottles with my mouse, the mouse pointer turns green (as if the object is actionable), but I cannot pick up the bottle and no pop-op-info box appears when hover the mouse over the bottle. This was the case with all the blue tinted bottles that I found.
    Issue #2: Same issue with the brass monkeys (although I am not sure the brass monkeys need to be collected since I never found a quest for them). I could not pick up the monkeys. When I hover over the monkey with my mouse, the mouse pointer turns green (as if the object is actionable), but I cannot pick up the monkey and no pop-op-info box appears when hover mouse over monkey. This issue was also reported in this post.
    Issue #3: Ultimately, I found one bottle of elven wine on the mimic in the stone tower. When I gave this wine bottle to Vinicius, i got the error shown in pic #1 below.

Issue #4: And then, the Vinicius trade window (in upper left in pic #1) would not close. I clicked "cancel," clicked "give items", pressed escape key, walked far away form the NPC, and exited to novia. However the trade window remained open, even on Novia and even when re-entering Blood river outskirts! (see pic 2 - trade window still open when on Novia overworld).
    Issue #5:
    I got 3 quest items at the stone tower: the vigilante plans, the betrothal ring, and the bottle of wine. Is that intended for all the quest items to be in one location?

Steps to Reproduce: see above
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 32704
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8081
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.524.Date.07.21.17
    Area: Novia_R7_Forest02_01
    Area Display Name: Blood River Outskirts
    Loc: (306.1, 68.2, 101.5) - this location is for issue #1
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDF8fCgzMDYuMTI0LCA2OC4xOTcsIDEwMS40OTIpfCgwLCAtMC43MTIsIDAsIC0wLjcwMil8LTY0OS42NzU0fDM5LjE0MjA1fDMuNzI1NTk4

pic 1
    [​IMG]

pic 2
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  2. higginss

higginss Avatar

Bottle of Elven Wine also obtained at mimic won't be accepted. There's no reaction at clicking on give items. I found a Priceless Bottle of Elven Wine that doesn't work also.

I had a heirloom from R43 that didn't work. I destroyed it hoping that a new one would work but couldn't find one till now.

Dormant Automaton Monkey found on random vigilante will be accepted by Gus.

Phineas has the same strange behaviour now. Last time he asked for the warrant, I gave it to him and an error message said that I already completed the quest on 07/05/17.
    But now he asks again for the warrant but won't accept it like Vicinius the wine bottles.

I got a feeling the "Give Items"-Window is broken somehow...

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  3. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

So I got in this morning and saw this, which made me sad. I tried to replicate your problems on the internal dev client, but couldn't. I was able to pick up the brass monkeys and the elven wine bottles. I was able to turn in the monkeys to Gus and the eleven wine bottles to Vinicius, and got the proper rewards.

Issue #1: I obtained the quest from the Vincinius in the Elf village, but could not pick up the blue tinted wine bottles. When I hover over the bottles with my mouse, the mouse pointer turns green (as if the object is actionable), but I cannot pick up the bottle and no pop-op-info box appears when hover the mouse over the bottle. This was the case with all the blue tinted bottles that I found.
    ** Can't repro - I could not only collect any elven wine bottle I found, but I could also turn them in to Vinicius. Also, hovering over the bottles provided a pop-up describing the bottles.
    Issue #2: Same issue with the brass monkeys (although I am not sure the brass monkeys need to be collected since I never found a quest for them). I could not pick up the monkeys. When I hover over the monkey with my mouse, the mouse pointer turns green (as if the object is actionable), but I cannot pick up the monkey and no pop-op-info box appears when hover mouse over monkey. This issue was also reported in this post.
    ** Can't repro - I could not only collect any dormant automaton monkey I found, but I could also turn them in to Gus. Also, hovering over the monkeys provided a pop-up describing the bottles.
    Issue #3: Ultimately, I found one bottle of elven wine on the mimic in the stone tower. When I gave this wine bottle to Vinicius, i got the error shown in pic #1 below.
    ** This was an issue I could take care of. The wrong reward package was on the dialogue, which would cause this behavior. I fixed it this morning and tested it. Should be in the next patch/update.
    Issue #4: And then, the Vinicius trade window (in upper left in pic #1) would not close. I clicked "cancel," clicked "give items", pressed escape key, walked far away form the NPC, and exited to novia. However the trade window remained open, even on Novia and even when re-entering Blood river outskirts! (see pic 2 - trade window still open when on Novia overworld).
    ** The above fix should solve this problem from happening in the future.
    Issue #5: I got 3 quest items at the stone tower: the vigilante plans, the betrothal ring, and the bottle of wine. Is that intended for all the quest items to be in one location?
    ** Yes, it is. Those drops are set to a higher percentage rate - 25%. The reason being is that you had to fight slightly tougher enemies to get to it, though not everyone will get the lucky rolls you did.

Lexie likes this.
  4. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

I am also unable to pick up the wine bottles. No pop-up was available for describing the bottles either.

Was able to pick up one of the 2 bottles of wine from the table. However the other bottle shows as if it can be picked up as well but can't be (cursor is green when you hold it over the bottle).

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  5. higginss

higginss Avatar

Is it intended at all to collect theses wine bottles and brass monkeys standing around in the open? Or should these be obtained from vigilantes, as I presume..?

6. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

You can collect as many wine bottles and monkeys as you like. There isn't a limit and it doesn't matter where they came from.

If you folks would give me the locs of the wine bottles and monkeys you can't pick up, I can check on my end and try to repro it. I haven't been able to repro this, yet, checking the ones I remembered where I placed.

7. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Every wine bottle and every brass monkey that was deco (not on an NPC) that I tried to pick up, I was unable to.
    I tried to pick up at least different 3 monkeys and at least 5 wine bottles (each of these turned the mouse green when hovered over, but click/drag and double clicking had no effect). I also tried this at least 2 differernt times (meaning left zone and came back and tried again) to pick up these items.
    I am currently away from my computer and cannot check the locations.
    I know this additional info may not be particularly useful, but since every location I tested did not work, it seems like it may be a more global issues.

8. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Just curious - were you playing online or offline?

9. higginss

higginss Avatar

I did not check those deco items but found some. I just wondered why the cursor turns green and nothing happens on doubleclick or"E".
    For me it was online...

10. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Any chance you can provide the Loc, that'd be a great help. I just ran through and tried all the ones I placed and didn't have a problem picking them up or getting the mouse-over descriptions. Sorry for the problems you're all having, but we'll get this worked out. Thanks again for the feedback!

11. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@Puuk, regarding the dormant automaton monkey.

I found one off the drop and went to Gus. Upon talking to him, I expected a window to open that I could give him the monkey. None did. So I had to search for the correct keyword to hand it to him. After much typing I found that he would accept the monky if I typed in dormant automaton monkey. However I didn't have to type all three keywords. Neither dormant or automaton were needed. Should they be triggers as well. Rather than trying monkey my first keyword was automation, I almost gave up because there didn't seem to an obvious way, at least to me, to give himthe monkey. [patch 526]

12. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@Puuk, I got a heirloom as a drop but can't seem to turn it in. When I talk to Vinicius, no window pops up. Typing Blood River Outskirts Elven Heirloom didn't trigger a window for me to turn it in.

If you can do it, is it possible that I can't turn it in because the elves don't like me because I poisoned their food?

Also Gus didn't clear the Undying Corruption quest (it was completed in the first R44 QA build, 521 maybe?). I went back to talk to him and nothing happened. [This is going to be a problem with Live as well for me. I completed the quest there and it didn't clear from the task list.]

[patch 526]

13. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@Puuk, I found a bottle (I assume it is Elven Wine) at Area: Blood River Outskirts (Novia_R7_Forest02_01) Loc: (282.3, 70.8, -129.0) DBG: Tm92aWFfUjdfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDF8fCgyODIuMjg5LCA3MC43NzUsIC0xMjkuMDE2KXwoMCwgLTAuOTkxLCAwLCAwLjEzNSl8LTM3NjQuNTMyfDQzLjcxMDY0fDIuNTkxNDY4. The bottle is on the table in Phineas's tent. When you mouse over it there isn't a tool tip. However, the cursor turns green. You can't interact with it or drag it around.

14. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

only able to log in for few minutes, but here are two examples:

7/24/2017 6:59 PM
    Title: cant pick up bottle
    Details: I could not pick up bottle and one other person in the zone could not pick it up either.
    User Specs:
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.526.Date.07.24.17
    Loc: (307.4, 68.2, 101.9)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDF8fCgzMDcuNDQ0LCA2OC4xOTMsIDEwMS45MTUpfCgwLCAtMC40NzQsIDAsIC0wLjg4KXwxNC41NjM4fDY4Ljg4MjQ4fDEzLjcyODEy

7/24/2017 7:00 PM
    Title: cant pick up monkey
    Details: I could not pick up monkey and one other person in the zone could not pick it up either.
    User Specs:
    SotA.EarlyAccess.QA.Win.64.526.Date.07.24.17
    Loc: (321.4, 86.8, 109.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjdfRm9yZXN0MDJfMDF8fCgzMjEuMzk0LCA4Ni44NDEsIDEwOS44MTcpfCgwLCAtMC42MTksIDAsIC0wLjc4Nil8NDIuMTcyMjl8NzB8MTMuNzI4MTI=

15. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

You bring up a great point. I just updated the convo to Always List the Dormant Automaton Monkey in the keywords bar. I also added a couple of associated keywords. It'll be in the next update/patch. Thanks for the feedback!

And BONUS! One of our engineers, Jaoquin, figured out what was wrong with the automaton monkey and the elven wine bottles, and checked in a fix last night.

16. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Found this bug yesterday from another poster. The wrong loot bundle was being tagged. I put in a fix yesterday, so it'll be in the next update.

17. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

@Puuk, you both rock.

Puuk likes this.
  18. higginss

higginss Avatar

@Puuk - Now it's working, but...
    I find those bottles on every vigilante even on a bandit. In 10 minutes I got 17. In think this is not intended.
    But if so it's annoying that I can give only one bottle at the time...

By the way I found no heirlooms. And the only one I have won't make him ask me for it or let him react on "heirlooms"...
    [​IMG]

19. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Known and fixed today. Next update the wine bottles will drop FAR less frequently and the heirlooms will be accepted.

20. higginss

higginss Avatar

Perfect, otherwise I'd get overencumbered by wine bottles. By the way, are those special herbs and the priceless bottle seen above of any use in the future..?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.