Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Blood River Outskirts: Phineas Does Not Respond to Warrant

Discussion in 'Release 44 Bug Forum' started by Black Tortoise, Aug 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

1. When I click the highlighted word "warrant" in my dialogue with Phineas, the vigilante commander, he just says, "hrmm?"

2. 100%

3. No, but I seem to be blocked from advancing the quest.

4. Last release (R43), I got the warrant to serve Phineas. I served it to him. He diddnt care, and it reappeared in my inventory. Greed overcame me, so I killed him for his ~450g. I then went back to the Aerie guard that gave me the warrant, who had nothing to say. I then ran around the scene talking to every single NPC, no one had any new dialogues. I then went back to Phineas, and the exact same thing happened - he went through his dialogue of not caring about the warrant, it reappeared in my inventory, and I wasnt sure what to do.

Now in R44, I appear to be bugged. I cant find an NPC that will say anything new, and Phineas wont respond at all to the word "warrant" (other than the default response when an NPC doesnt understand you). I have so many items in my inventory, that I just want to complete the quest to be rid of them. I am afraid to delete these items, in case it makes the situation worse.

What should I do? Is it ok to delete the items? I dont mind waiting for the quest reset to start over, but I am curious as to how this quest ends.

5. See #4 - this started in R43, and I suspect I missed something then, the developers updated the quest, and that I am now incapable of triggering the event that advances the quest. Simply put, talk to Phineas about "warrant," get no meaningful response.

6. In my sig, I think theyre irrelevant. Im on Linux client if it matters.

twofoldsilence likes this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there's two versions of the warrant. if the mouseover for the one you have says it's a warrant, you have to serve it. if, however, it says it's an official copy of a warrant, you've already served it and it's a keepsake deco.

3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

@Alley Oop thanks Ill check in on that the next time I log in. I am pretty sure Ive talked to every NPC in the scene, but I can always try one more time! I think. Actually I might go crazy if I go into BRO again ;).

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

hey, the new glowing elven wine bottles are nice.

Lexie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.