Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Can't get exp in party after attenuation

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by DavidDC, Jul 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

07/30/2019 10:07
    Title: Can't get exp in party after attenuation
    Reproduction Rate:100%
    Blocker?Yes
    Details:After getting a first time attenuation im not able to get exp in my party.
    Steps to Reproduce:Log in 2 account, go get 2m exp with both account in same map, then wait an hour and try to get exp again. There will be none. Also you if move away from the other in the party you can get exp, come back closer to the party members and no exp gain again. If i leave party and farm alone i get exp, so does the other character. Its like if the attenuation together last all damn day. This is happening since 4 day now, getting less exp than before with 1m attenuation.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8) System RAM: 16322
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 745 GPU RAM: 4053
    SotA.Win.64.1021.Date.07.29.19
    Area: Novia_R8_Hills02_01
    Area Display Name: Upper Tears
    Loc: (475.2, -78.8, -251.6)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjhfSGlsbHMwMl8wMXx8KDQ3NS4yMjIsIC03OC44NDMsIC0yNTEuNjExKXwoMCwgLTAuMDI1LCAwLCAxKXwzNTcuMTM1OHwxMHwxOA==

2. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Ok. Next time it happens please repost and note the time that this event occurred. There may be something in the logs that will help.

EDIT: Also, Are you thinking it has to do with the distance to the other party members? Does it make a difference if you drop out of the party?

3. DavidDC

I dont think its about distance, but distance does show that if im not close to that person i do get exp, if i get close to that person i dont get exp anymore, it act like if i was attenuated to the maximum. This happen when you have 2 account opened within the same network (same house).

If i drop out of party, i will get exp, going back in party will make me get no exp at all again (when i say no exp, its max attenuation, i get 1k each monster instead of full 5-10k each monster).

I also found out that when i log out the second character for a while the attenuation finally go away, but i wait more than the normal hour for that to happen. Like i start fighting at 0h00, then at 0h30 i got my 2m exp so im attenuated, i usually have to wait 30-35 minute to start again the same run. Right now if i log back in 30-35 minute after, ill get nothing as exp, still max attenuation. BUT if i let it loggued out for more than 45 minute, then it magically start appearing again.

Anyway, i clearly shouldnt have to log out for attenuation to go away, so im not sure what is EXACTLY the problem since its really confusing, but its something around that :p Seem like party exp within same network stay attenuated for longer than it should, unless u disconnect.

Mac2 likes this.
  4. DavidDC

And to say the truth, i think this all started last release ago. We had problem connecting multiple account in the game, sometime we get a disconnect icon on one of the client and it take like 5 minute to get back in cause the character is ghosted. Now that problem seem "almost" gone since this release, but now we get that attenuation problem that doesnt want to go away. Not sure if there some kind of newly added protection maybe? That could be blocking the data we receive somehow after getting X amount of exp? I really dont know.. And it does happen with many people that is either multiboxing or connected from the same household network.

Mac2 likes this.
  5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Yep, I am having this issue and I play on 2 computers, my main on one and alt on the other. Next time this happens, I will do a /bug and leave a message here giving you the time. If you want to look at what just happened just this last run I finished, we had a person in the party getting twice the exp the rest were, which is just raising even more questions, the rest of us getting 280k per set of waves in UT, and he was getting 600k.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/583294119204487178/605894805876244486/123exp.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/583294119204487178/605898141421666306/1234exp.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/583294119204487178/605903910653132800/12345exp.jpg

those are the pics of what he was getting per set of waves while we got 280k.

6. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

07/31/2019 20:24
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8) System RAM: 16324
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8096
    SotA.Win.64.1023.Date.07.31.19
    Area: POT_swamp_metropolis_01_template/Serenite
    Area Display Name: Serenite
    Loc: (-324.6, 65.0, 349.6)
    Debug: UE9UX3N3YW1wX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8U2VyZW5pdGV8KC0zMjQuNjE2LCA2NC45OTcsIDM0OS41OTYpfCgwLCAtMC43MzEsIDAsIDAuNjgyKXwyNjYuMDI3OHwxMHw1Ljg3NDI1Ng==

7. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Ok, so this JUST happened. My 2 alts and me attenauted, but snuggs did not. This was in tatarus, and I looked at my pooled exp on after the first wave, I got 710,000, so I assumed it was working good BUT, I did not attenuate after 3 full sets of waves. Snuggs on the other hand did not attenuate at all. This is my pic, just for time stamp reference, and I am submitting this from a /bug, I THINK that gives you a time stamp to work from? Snuggs/ paws just recalled to serenite just afterwards, thats why his thing shows serenite. If you have any other questions just ask. @Lord Subtleton

8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just if you didn’t know, when you use the /bug command, that places that information into your clipboard. Then paste that information into a post on the forums.

Feeyo and Mac2 like this.
  9. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Bah, no I did not know this LOL. So how do I get to my clipboard?

Jaesun likes this.
  10. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

In game, in the chat window, type /bug. Then go to the forums, click post reply, then use your computers paste key. All that text will now be pasted to the post.

Mac2 and Violette Dyonisys like this.
  11. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

OMG really? HAH that is pretty easy.

Jaesun and Mishikal like this.
  12. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Any new info on this? This is killing me not being able to exp.

Mishikal likes this.
  13. DavidDC

Same here, just started the day, got 1.7m exp on both character, cant exp anymore. What the heck is going on...

Mishikal likes this.
  14. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

15. Lord Subtleton

The one tech change for R68 was to raise the bar on gaining XP per hour to 2M / hour. Once you have gained 2M XP in an hour, XP gaining gradually attenuates. The longer term goal is to change the scene design so that players do not reach any attenuation level during normal gameplay. So we temporarily raised the bar in order to help prioritize which scenes are the most problematic. The live stream is a great place to hear more details and get questions answered about XP limits and scene design changes.

Jaesun and Brass Knuckles like this.
  16. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Sweet I love streams that focus on hard information vrs dance parties or other social events.

I’ll tune in thank you.

Mishikal likes this.
  17. Lord Subtleton

So to respond to this thread - yes, we are aware of the design issues related to attenuation. (Issue #65450). There is another thread that is somewhat related to this topic: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/upper-tiers.157767/ . We do read these posts, and we do want to make improvements. The current plan is to focus on scenes that most need revision rather than making a tech change that would affect the whole game.

Jaesun likes this.
  18. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

So, in other words, the actual issue reported here has not been investigated or the root cause determined? You have multiple people hitting this issue, and providing details. This follow up just seems to dismiss everything being discussed here and ignoring the problem.

19. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Lord Subtleton Also @devilcult filed a similar issue for last release. I.e., this problem is not new with R68, it indicates something deeper that is problematic.

Girlsname likes this.
  20. Girlsname

Girlsname Avatar

The one thing that was an issue with a win10 update?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.